Kerry Collins officially retires

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

2. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Collins' retirement not good for Titans

[​IMG]Kerry Collins always hovered. In the worst-case scenario, the Titans surely expected they could get him back to man the fort while Jake Locker took a crash course in NFL quarterbacking.

Who knows what the worst-case scenario is now, after Collins announced his retirement in this statement released through his agent, David Dunn:
    After 16 fulfilling years of playing quarterback in the NFL, I am officially announcing my retirement from professional football. The past several months have brought on much introspection, and I have decided that while my desire to compete on Sundays is still and always will be there, my willingness to commit to the preparation necessary to play another season has waned to a level that I feel is no longer adequate to meet the demands of the position.

I feel very fortunate to have played with and to have been coached by some of the greatest the game has ever seen. I feel especially fortunate to have played under some of the true patriarchs of the modern game: Joe Paterno, the late Wellington Mara, Al Davis and Bud Adams. I would like to thank all of those coaches, players and other team personnel along the way who have shaped me both personally and professionally. I want to wish Mike Munchak and the Tennessee Titans the best of luck in the future. I have had a fantastic five years here, and my family and I look forward to remaining part of the Middle Tennessee community that has been extremely gracious towards us and an honor to play for.

I owe a huge debt of gratitude to my family, especially my wife Brooke and daughter Riley, for their support. I would also like to extend special thanks to my agent Dave Dunn and the entire staff at Athletes First for their guidance throughout my career. Most of all, I would like to thank the fans who have supported me during my time at Penn State and my tenure in the NFL. It has been a wonderful journey, one that I will look back upon with the fondest of memories.

Kerry Collins​
    Matt Hasselbeck’s value just went up. If the Titans don’t land him, who are the possibilities?

The list isn’t a good one. It’s headlined by Marc Bulger, Trent Edwards, Matt Leinart and Matt Moore.

Locker needs a full training camp to have a chance to be effective if he’s the team’s best option come its opener.

None of the scenarios beyond Hasselbeck look very good, and he could have much better options.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're right, it's not good, it's GREAT!

And here's the worst case scenario; we may actually win! LOL, no more 0-6 runs..

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yeah it'll save the awkward call of having to tell him "we're going in a different direction".

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

There goes the safety blanket that the front office was planning on having as a backup plan. I personally wouldn't mind McNabb or Bulger. Just don't know if anyone is up to coming in just to play and get a rookie ready to start.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Our biggest offseason splash in franchise history.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Best news I've heard all year... Nope. That's not right. Osama got shot in the face this year.

Second best news I've heard all year.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

He probably came here on these forums and said "dang"..

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

good news.so glad we can move on.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

No more KFC. No more VY.
    Yay! The "initials of grief" are washing away from this organization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar