Kerry Collins' Legacy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

IMO McNair was a franchise QB & the one we looked at to get it done.

Winning was what was expected of him & expectations were high.McNair had many memorable games for us but ultimately he failed to deliver.

His toughness was renowned but it also became his achiles heal.

What I like about Collins is that he isn't supposed to be our guy that can get it done.Everyone wrote him off as a pile of crap & his awful 06 debut affirmed everyones belief that he was a terrible player to even have as a backup.

As it turns out those of us who hated on him(me included) at the start of his Titans career were impatient & unfair to the guy who had barely two weeks to get in shape & learn our system.

If you look at the Bears game & this last weekends game,you see Collins at his best as a Titan.In the face of real pressure he's excelled.

Against the Texans he had his worst game of the year.His ability to shake that off making no excuses yet following it up with his best game of the year is not something we should take for granted.

The guy doesn't even photograph well.He's an under the radar kind of guy & that fits who we are as a team.To me,this season is all about the team being bigger than a single player.

I was never really a McNair fan so I'm not the best judge but this season has been special for me.Going 10-0 & securing the #1 in the fashion we did last week was a rare thing.

I'll never forget how Collins has been a key part of all that this season & yeah if we win the SB then for me Collins will surpass McNair as the best QB we've had.Part of that has to be because of how Collins has won his team mates over which I never really believed McNair did.

There's more to being your teams go to QB than what happens on Sunday afternoon & I don't think McNair ever understood that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think the last few years, it really hurt McNair by never practicing, but playing the games. He was a warrior, but in the end it shortened his career and made him a liability. Practice cannot be underestimated from a QBs perspective, just look at Peyton this year. Timing in the passing game is about repitition and work, that is one of the reasons I dislike VY running the ball(McNair V2.0). McNair was more of a pure passer than VY though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar