Kerry Collins' Legacy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Should Collins win Super Bowl mvp, does he supplant McNair as the greatest qb of the modern Titans era? Does a Super Bowl win eclipse 4 post season trips and no ring?

2. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

If KFC wins he Super Bowl MVP, yes; he will go down in history as the G.O.A.T. .............. well past 10 years.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

absolutely. One Super Bowl win surpasses a lot of years of almost getting there, IMO. He'll never be as beloved as Mac, but that's what I think.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

How ironic would it be that assuming Vince Young spends his career here, that from 2006-2016 (or however long he's here), the 2008-09 season that he DOESN'T play, is the one year that yields him a Super Bowl ring.

I guess that means his sideline inspiration would justify keeping his $58M salary active since he 'was' a part of this team and he 'just wins.' To make even more fitting if he gets hurt in the first game of 2012 season, and Simms steps in a we win another Superbowl.

2 rings over an 11-year career, neither of which he was a playing part of. Hmmmmm

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How good would it be if you would stop bringing Vince Young into every discussion?

• High Five High Five x 9
  6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well I would have to see Collins win the Superbowl first before I say he's better than McNair. Even so it's hard to imagine saying he's better than McNair, McNair was a play maker, a warrior and was never called a game manager. Now I don't like the title of "game manager" for Collins because he makes some plays and he's a hell of a smart QB, but McNair did it much longer and was MVP great. BUT on the other hand he never did win it all, came close, but never did it. Again I'd have to see Collins do it but there's a good chance.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

collins would have the same legacy as trent dilfer. high pick that never lived up to his potential until he found a team with a defense that played lights out and just needed him to stay out of the way.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Call me superstitious, but I would rather have this discussion after the Superbowl...

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I've already squeezed off a couple of negs in the past 24 hours.. hell, one was errant... but seriously dude, *insert scathing personal attack here*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar