Justin McCareins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DeutschTitan, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think it's difficult to say whehther he could be good for us or not, but I do believe his effectiveness when he was with us last was due to playing the 3rd receiver position. I don't think there's anything to suggest that he will be a better 2nd receiver than what we already have on the roster.

If we're looking for another receiver I'm thinking we look for a bigger, stronger guy with great hands. Would be nice to have a receiver who can catch across the middle without developing aligator-arms or get killed trying to make the catch.

2. maximus

maximus Starter

Under that circumstance, I do it in a heartbeat

3. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

If Justin is smart he'll try to go wherever Dinger goes...

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

He's not a very good route runner, at least he hasn't been in NY which is why he wasn't a favorite of Edwards' or Mangini's... With VY under the helm, I would pass on that and hoe we stab one in the draft. Remember, if all goes well, Givens should be back 100% next year. While he's not a DT, he's a guy who can draw double coverage and let guys like Roby, Jones, or a draft pick/FA fly deep

5. Givens tore his ACL in November. We can't count on anything from him next season...

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He's definately worth a look through traing camp but as you say,we shouldn't commit any signifacant money to him.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

JMac is, like, 6'4" or something. Pennington was having trouble because he'd never thrown to someone that big before, and was having trouble "leading" him. IIRC, that was the main reason for his low production early on.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Carson Palmer tore both ACLs and MCLs in January last year, and started the first game of the year for them... Your point is?

9. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Ever heard of Jerricho Cotchery? Not exactly a smurf is he?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Didn't Jones tear his around the same time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar