JRob Overrated?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The entire culture of this team had to be rebuilt. You are also dealing with a young QB still in the learning curve. Just like a race car, you can buy expensive parts and throw them on, but if the car isn't tuned and the parts working in harmony you got nothing. Next year will really give insight to what we have. I don't want a "one hit wonder", I want a competitive franchise most every year.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

The fact this team didn't take advantage of the schedule and opponents injuries is more on the coaching staff than the GM. JR added talent, talent that allowed the team to beat those with winning records, and a playoff game. The coaching staff is rubbish, and that is why the team lost games against teams they should have beat. I'm surprised you're trying to say that's on JR.

Sure, the Dodd pick looks to be a bust, and Davis hasn't done much. I'm very confident Davis will look good next year, so not concerned. He's also added a lot of talent pretty much everywhere else. I think he's done a great job, I'd give him a solid B, maybe B+. Being a GM and evaluating talent isn't easy, and nobody will get every pick right. Need to set realistic expectations. For me, the big decision with him is what he does this offseason to address the coaching situation, scheme and play calling. With the right staff in place, the talent on this team, and another draft and FA, there's no reason this team shouldn't be a contender next year.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

So you expect 10 all pro players from every draft?

I do see your point and where you are coming from, I just think hes done a better job than you do.

4. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I don't think that's what he meant. I read it to say that he expects a top-10 pick to be an all-pro player.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

I read it that way too, but by default, if you expect that, then you expect 10 all pro players from each draft.

6. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Oh, ok. I misunderstood your post, my apologies.

7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Maybe over time, but if your team has drafted two players in one class who become First team All Pros within their first two seasons, that is spectacular and extremely rare. I don't see how people can't get that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Thats my point too I suppose.

9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

My point as well. And sure one was the 8th pick, but the other was a 3rd rounder. And Henry could become All Pro if the coach uses him and he plays how he has been. JR hasn't been perfect, but he's done a damn fine job in the 2 seasons he's been here, and it will only continue to get better. Remembering what this franchise used to look like, it's a very welcomed change. Which was why I'd give him a B.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

no just if they have a top 10 overall pick in the draft, that player should produce significantly during their rookie year (QB exception) and should be an all pro at some point in their career for it to be considered an "above average" pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar