JRob or JFlub

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

After the DeMarco Murray trade, I thought this dude was the real deal

but nope

another scrub GM, too many failures outweigh the few positives

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

DeMarco trade
    Kelly trade
    Byard
    Conklin
    Adoree
    Jayon

I'm not writing off Henry, Au. Johnson or Corey Davis picks yet. Too early to discuss this past draft.

3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

He took over a 3 win roster and stuck with a QB who is a slightly more productive, but more turnover and injury prone Tyrod Taylor. Yet we have a winning record with him.

Seriously, what do you people expect? For reference, Aaron Rodgers is as good as there has ever been at QB , and they are barely hitting double digit wins each year. It's difficult enough to win consistently with a QB, let alone without one. Look at a more successful/better GM in your eyes, then look at who they have at QB.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

a cohesive unit that makes sense, not a roster determined by dart throws

no contracts like Butler's

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

The thing I notice the most is our early round RBs and WRs don't seem to be anywhere near other teams that are taken in later rounds.
    Why?
    Is it the OL? We have a top 5 line apparently, at least we did last year
    Coaching?
    QB?
    Scouting? GM?

6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

We had a Top 5 OL the past two years, 3rd ranked defense this year. Sounds like some cohesive units to me.

The fact is, if we had a passing game featuring Walker, Matthews, Davis, and Lewis, and a healthy QB combined with our defense, the team would look completely different and everyone would be praising J Rob. But it's difficult when 3 of the 4 most important pieces of your passing game are injured or quit, including the QB. Any GM would look like garbage in this scenario.

7. Danimal

Danimal Starter

I am not too sure how J Rob will handle future situations. Frankly, I was really surprised to see him let Me-shad Mathews off the team for crying about it. He could have held him to the contract he signed, play special teams, and trade him for a 7 th rounder at the dead line. Instead he made it easy for him.
    Why ? If the Butler continues to suck will he give him and that generous contract the boot after the season ? We shall see.

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Washed up, never good, washed up, washed up & never good. Real good

9. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Maybe but they still better than our current 2nd, 3rd, and 4th WRs. Also, Steve Smith was still performing at a high level his last season, future HOFer

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

We have a .500 record.
    This is beside the point, but I think Rodgers is highly overrated. He looks better now that Manning and Brady aren’t demolishing all kinds of records anymore.

Also, we play in a crap division where any legit playoff team would dominate. Jags had a lucky run this past offseason. Colts, Texans and Titans are no threat at all, imo.. when it comes to playoffs.

But you are certainly right that when you have woefully unpredictable QB play, it’s hard to look good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar