Rumor Josh McDaniels Wants the Titans HC Job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I am not in favor of Chip Kelly.... at all. I think people just expect it's gonna be magic with him and Mariota reunited. But this ain't college.

2. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

In fairness, Tebow was their 2nd 1st rd pick of the 2010 draft and 25th overall. They never expected Tebow to be a franchise QB. They were just gambling because they had 2 1st rd picks. They gambled because Tebow was one of the most heralded college QB in history along with perhaps the greatest character in history. He desperately needed a QB and there were no other QBs to pick from so he took a gamble on Tebow. Look at the QBs drafted after Tebow. It was a pathetic draft for QBs and he desperately needed one.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

Those were all GM issues.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd be open to it. I feel like Mariota would be a great fit in his short pass/quick throw/tight end/slot guy offense. Let Kendall be a slot guy like his skillset says he should be and he might have a resurgence.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

He would not have needed a QB if he didn't trade Cutler...

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Don't you have to have "surged" in order to "resurge"?

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

The issue with Cutler was McDaniels knew then what we all know - Cutler wasn't the answer. So he tried to trade him for Mallett but the trade fell through. In the meantime it leaked out that they were trying to trade Cutler. Cutler got mad and forced a trade. It was a no win situation for McDaniels. After that he was left with no QB and he was desperate so he took a gamble on Tebow.

Having said all that, he wouldn't be GM here. And he finally has a QB he can work with. I think he deserves a 2nd chance.

#49 Old Oiler Fan, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

Not saying he doesn't deserve that chance and I would be happy with the hire, but he ****ed up with Cutler and Tebow and that is his fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar