Jimmy GQ and 49ers agree on 5 year, $137.5M contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Johnnyb, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What you don't get is he IS the franchise

The good far outweighs the bad with him, but you only seem to highlight the negatives because you know how to start an argument, now you just need to learn how to pick your battles

#101 JCBRAVE, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • LOL LOL x 2
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

No you’re just a troll who says he sucks. You’ve been saying it since day 1.

There’s a difference in playing badly and not being good.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Mariota regressed no doubt but numbers can be deceiving. To people who don’t follow the Titans like we do see his int/tds numbers as sh*ty which they but his int. numbers aren’t all on him. Week 13 and your having veteran Wrs running wrong routes, inexperience at the Wr position by rookies which resulted in a few picks, Injuries, o-line regressed, scheme sure as hell didn’t help which forced Mariota to make throws he wouldn’t normally throw. Yes it was the same scheme as before but Murlarkey became obsessed with that fckin ridiculous smash mouth style and it was so obvious. At the end of the day it is what it is, the stats are what they are but I think we can all agree offensively he wasn’t put in the best position to succeed. Not trying to make excuses for the guy but for the hand he was dealt he made the most of it.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

There are some huge Mariota supporters outside of the fan base. Clay Travis called into my local sports show, and they were discussing the SB. It didn't take long for him to mention how he loved Mariota and got excited at the thought of him in an offense similar to the Eagles. It sounds like he gets excited by the thought of Mariota pretty often.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Yes Mariota didn't play well at times this past season but he had some great moments as well.
    What I like best is that he takes the blame, admits his shortcomings and looks like a kid that strives to get better.

Looking forward to seeing him in the new offense, an improved healthy Davis and more of Henry.

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Such a trend setter.

Always right when everyone else is wrong.

Brilliant!

- No one when asked about DW.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wonder why they're salty...

OH.

They don't like being constantly wrong. Yet...

8. BunchaMularky

BunchaMularky Lewan wuz here

Guys, y'all need to stop arguing about Mariota, he called me and said it's his bad. He takes the blame, he's gonna get better. I think I heard Lewan in the background, said something... Like "yeah cause your stubborn ass is gone..." #8 assured me that wasn't what he said. I always trust my Mariota. Until we get a lead, then I pull the plays out of my "play to not lose the game" book.... I just don't want to see my team be unsportsmanlike, always in the game and keep it close...

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

See, this stuff- and the Jimmy GQ deal- makes it damn near impossible to continue defending the "talent justifies the pay" argument. This is market distortion, plain and simple.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Just curious...is that avatar photo from Haleakala?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar