Jim Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bulluck, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Haynesworth occupies two players on the OL. With him out, opponents are using one to put a hat on a LB and you can see the results. You also see what not having Harper has done to impact the run D.

But I suppose some of you think Schwartz decided to go from the successful defense to the one who allows players to gash them up the middle, no longer get a pass rush with the front four and blow tackles in the secondary.

2. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

i agree 100% But look at the Pats. They lost two of their best players and didn't take a single step back. Thats what these teams that are always at the top of the league do. They find the right players to fit into their system and positively contribute. Schwartz has a problem with doing that.

3. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Schwartz simply needs to learn to adapt. Thats what this all boils down to. If Haynesworth goes out it should not sink the entire ship. He has to find a way to stop the bleeding. It is his job.

4. Obviously, you don't know. He doesn't get to sign the players. He only gets to use the ones he is given and the ones who are healthy enough to play.

And he also can't make people tackle any better. He can't make Reynaldo Hill tackle the 3rd string RB. He can't make Chris Hope tackle Stokely. He can't make Lowry a step faster to pick off that pass to Marshall. And he certainly can't turn Demetrin Veal into Albert Haynesworth.

5. Valis

Valis Guest

We need Long, Mahelona, Kleko, or some other free agent to back up tired linemen.

I vote Long.

6. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

So he has absolutely no say whatsoever in who is signed to play in his defense. Thats what your saying.

And again, I agree. As I said this is not a knee-jerk thing I'm talking about. The tackling was horrid today. But people have been out of position for years now as well. Whether it be because the system is too complicated or simply flawed, it needs to be fixed for us to be a threat deep in the season again.

7. It's exactly like what happened when Kearse got hurt in 2003 and the defense went from excellent to so-so. Or like the Colts offense without Marvin Harrison this year. Or their defense last year without Bob Sanders. Or Baltimore's defense this year without Adalius Thomas. Or The Vikings offense the year they traded Randy Moss.

Just adding or subtracting 1 single superstar player makes an enormous difference to a team. Haynesworth's presence is a gigantic factor for our D this year.

8. That's what I'm saying. He can make requests/suggestions/pleas, but he can't make them sign or draft anyone.

We have replaced most all the bad tacklers from the lineup in general. But Schwartz can't make the tackles or cover the WRs. Coaches coach, players play. And it seems to me that the players were in position to make plays for the most part and weren't able to in enough cases to give up 4 big plays to the Broncos.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Factor in his impact on the other members of the DL. KVB had four tackles and that LED the DL. No hurries. No sacks. Odom was the only one who appeared to be in Cutler's zip code.

10. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

You've got your stance and I've got mine. Schwartz is responsible for the play of his defense and it hasn't been impressive overrall since he's been here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar