Jets @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Nah, I think the leader had something like 7 more than us.

Chargers have 27
    Us and the Colts have 22

2. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Step Closer to Playoffs with 10-6 Win Over Jets

SUMMARY: The Titans made it simple following their 10-6 win over the Jets -- win in Indy next week and go to the Playoffs. "It's not going to be easy," Michael Roos said. "But the main thing is this is the chance we wanted. We are back in control of our fate and that is all you can ask for. One game left and we have to win it." With the Bengals defeating the Browns, the Titans must win their final game, which NBC announced was going to be moved to prime time. The Titans had difficulty taking care of their own business yesterday as Vince Young was 12-for-22 passing for 166 yards with a fumble and an interception. But Kyle Vanden Bosch had three sacks as the Titans defense generated two INTs of their own. LenDale White's 103 yards on the day put him over the 1,000 yard mark for the first time in his career.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Just a few comments:

I thought Tulloch played well. The guy can cover some serious ground.

"The Chosen One" came through though I was holding my breath each time Pennington dropped back and looked his direction.

White tore out the Jets D's heart and ate it in the fourth quarter. As unimaginative as busting runs up the middle late is, when it works, it's fun to watch.

KVB at LB? I wish they'd saved that look until next week for Manning. Schwartz is having a little fun this season moving KVB around.

Young must play better next Sunday night. He looks too tentative. I need to watch the game again but did Chow call him to roll out at all? He isn't the same QB against 3-4 Ds.

If you told me at the beginning of this season the Titans would enter their final game 9-7 with a shot for the playoffs, I'd been happy with that.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

4. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

im so happy right now, but i dont get something, what if we loose our game against the colts and browns looses there against the 49ers, who will win the final wild card spot?

5. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

C'mon and put Manning to play so we can go ahead and messing up like we did last time, this time we may messing up at home!!

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Browns. Their game is meaningless Sunday. They back into it with a Titans loss.

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Since i was at a dinner meeting last night and didn't get to watch it live; i just watched this game after a heck of a morning avoiding all personal emails, personal phone calls, my.yahoo, GT, and everyother source of information that might tell me what the final score was.

My analysis.. Vince Young needs to start producing. :whoop: He just didn't play like this was the most important game of the season. It sure as hell didn't feel that way and there was no sense of urgency in his game. This game was a sack away from turning into another ugly loss for the Titans by a below average team. If they would have converted on forth unstead of being sacked by Tony Brown followed by an awesome roll to the sidelines we could have lost that game.

Our RB's did their job, and the defense looked like the defense of 99.. (and at times even better.)

We dominated and didn't spare them any breathing room. We closed out everything their offense tried and I'm so pleased that i've decided that i'd shake Schwartz's hand if i ever bump into him instead of spitting in it which i would have done if he offered me his hand same time last year. I've also decided to quit updating the Schwartz wikipedia page and give him a break. I might start molesting Chow's page though.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I thought vince did a fairly good job managing the game yesterday. He had one turnover and a few big throws that lead to our 10 points. I really feel if we would have fallen behind in that game then vince would have taken over. Remember this was also a team that held the patriots to only one td last week. I believe they will let vince go a little more next week since they could have to put up some points to win.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

huh? no habla Englais?

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The Jets are underrated, as they proved against the Titans and Colts, and I believe they played 8 games where they lost by a TD or less. While we struggled to score, I think the Jets are better than most people gave them credit for, plus it was a cold football game, which just makes it harder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar