Jets keeping an eye on AJ Brown, DK Metcalf.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Mar 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Appearing on The Rich Eisen Show Thursday, Titans coach Mike Vrabel flatly denied there is a chance A.J. Brown could be traded.

"Not as long as I'm the head coach," was Vrabel's response to the question of Brown's trade status. Formerly denied through back channels, the Titans have now put a public name on it. Brown will not be dealt, even though extension talks seem to be stagnant. Two months shy of his 25th birthday, Brown is headed into the final year of his rookie contract.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

If I remember correctly, Vrabel also said he’s going to be coach for awhile, so I guess that’s it, AJ Brown is gong to remain a titan.

3. Carp

Carp Starter

He is probably gonna get paid 20 million regardless as long as he stays mostly healthy. He's been pne of the most productive WRs in the league since he was drafted. Top 10 in every category I think. And that is playing in the most run heavy offense in the league and missing 7 games over the last 2 years.

4. Carp

Carp Starter

Hill stats the last 3 seasons vs Brown:

Hill: 44 games, 256 Rec., 3375 yds, 31 TDs, 13.2 y/r

Brown: 43 games, 185 Rec, 2995 yds, 24 TDs, 16.2 y/r

So their numbers are actually fairly close overall. Hill with more yards and TDs in 1 more game played, but on way more receptions with arguably the best QB in the world. And Brown is 3 years younger than Hill.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Media trying their best to get AJ Brown traded.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Young54

Young54 Starter

The rest of that sentence in his head was: "Not as long as I'm the head coach"... or we get a stupid deal like two first round picks or the player starts to suck."

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I'd hate to see Brown go...but I'd also hate to see the Titans pay him huge money and his knees be shot by the 2nd year of the deal. (Which seems like a possibility)

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I used to like AJ Brown a lot, but he acts extremely immature on social media. Like a straight up child. These players always want a new contract for more money when they over perform, but you never see them offering any refunds when they underperform after signing a big deal, which is the case more often than not. NFL players these days are sickening to be honest. All about themselves instead of the game. Totally different league than 20 years ago.

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Probably tired of getting bombarded with people calling him a diva.

In all reality, social media maturity likely means not having social media. Probably not a bad way to go although extremely unlikely and probably counterproductive to marketing one’s self.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar