Jeff Fishers last year on the sidelines.......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sentimentality and nostalgia aside..

I like jeff fisher and i would like him to be our coach beyond this season but if you look at his record there has not been a single season where he accomplished something well beyond the talent level. When the talent was there we won. When the talent wasn't there we sucked. When the talent was average we went 8-8. When did jeff fisher ever take an average team with 8-8 type talent and go to the playoffs?

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

But, would it be likely that our record would decline with a worse coach?

There is an opportunity cost to failing to renew his contract.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What a difference starting out with a win makes, eh? Fisher is back to being a top 5 coach. Chow and Schwartz are getting some love.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Fisher will go to the best market offer (as he should).

The real issue shouldn't be about Fisher, but rather about Bud Adams. Adams has historically been interested in getting "value" contracts. If we have a great year, Fisher's price will be ripe. I doubt Bud pays it.

5. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

jeff fisher is the man and we better sign him.if we dont it will be one of the biggest mistakes in oilers/titans history.even people that dont like the titans consider fisher one of the top coaches in the league. he knows how to prepare this team period end of story.....

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

This season will be interesting. If our Defense keeps playing like it did last week, Chief Red Hat deserves some serious recognition.

A lot of people on this site (myself included) will be proven wrong. I hope it happens.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I hope to eat some of that crow as well. :tailgate:

9. ToY

ToY Guest

Management should do everything in their power to resign him.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

One of the things I've always liked about the GoTitans Big Kahuna is that he's never shown signs of memory loss. :yes:

Me, i'm happy with the win, but cautiously optomistic. When darn near EVERYTHING goes the opposite as expected, I expect some normalization on the horizon more than I expect to be continually wowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar