Jason Jones + William Hayes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Kept contain on what? Bootlegs? Maybe he's made some errors there, I don't recall any off hand, but that's something even vets screw up at times.

He's held the edge against the run very well.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Let's keep in mind, the Steelers' o-line is awful. It probably made Jones and Hayes look better than they otherwise would.

That being said, I was very pleased with how good they looked. Jones has looked pretty solid all year. Hayes has been inconsistent, hopefully he'll continue to improve with time. I could see either of them as starters in a year or so. However, I still hope we try to keep big Al.

3. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Shhhhhhhhh, you cant let Pittsburghs secret out.....the Media's almighty team has a weakness....well you wont hear about that, all we get is that we stomped on their towel.

Steelers oline is awful, and Ben holds onto the ball way to long for what options he has around him...but no you cant say that, its the Steelers, they were number 1 in power rankings last week.

Jones and Hayes looked good, but how much did Bens horrible qb'ing make them look better?

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Justin Hartwig disagrees! And we'd disagre with Justin Hartwig :lol:

I seriously miss that we didn't get to see Al vs Hartwig again :-/ But I guess there's always a chance of that yet.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

No no no, don't slight them any credit amigo, I think you've got it backwards. Ben looked lousy because he had Jones and Hayes in his face the second he snapped the ball. Our D Line is strong like Ox deep like ocean.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

getting no push doesn't count as setting the edge

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

8. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I just wanted to point out that we have brought in a ridiculous amount of speed at DE/DT in the past 1.5 years.

Consider:

Jacob Ford: 4.68 40.

Jevon Kearse: 4.58 40 coupled with the fasted 10 yard ever (tied with Deion Sanders)

William Hayes: 4.6 40

All three of these guys are easily top 5 percentile on DE speed.

Then we have Jason Jones at DT: 4.67 40

I didn't know any DT's were that fast...

Anyways, I think this plays into our wicked fast pursuit.

Long live the Tyrants!:thumb:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's going to take more than 1 game from Jones to affect Albert. Especially against an offensive line that Craig Hentrich could get 3 sacks against.

10. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Mike Tomlin's conference call:
    (On if they won’t have to worry about double-teaming players filling in for Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch)

"Well, all big guys in the interior defenses get double teamed. That’s just the reality of today’s NFL. Whoever’s playing in place of Haynesworth is going to get double teamed some, that’s the nature of it."

Seems like Tomlin was just feeding the media bullsh*t and underestimated Jones's abililty to get to the QB. Maybe next time he should do what he actually says he going to do insted of acting like a tuff guy.

Jones highlights
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d890e2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar