Jake Locker's Play vs. Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

We should be used to it. He was the best QB we have had since McNair.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Seriously, twice we were behind and had to abandon the run-run-pass-punt philosophy nd both times Locker responded by leading TD drives. How anyone can put the loss on him is beyond me.

The reason for this loss is solely on the offensive coaching staff playing scared. Most modern coaches would never dream of going conservative with only a 1 score lead. Sadly our offensive coaching staff consist of relics from the late 80's /early 90's and their proteges.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'll leave this here since I just used it in another thread:

In the 2nd half, Jake Locker had 17 pass attempts.
    9 completions.
    8 incompletions.
    52%

Not TERRIBLE... not good.

1 Sack taken.
    1 Delay of game.

Not good.

Completion: 3 yards on 3rd and 5 = Punt = Negative
    Incomplete: 3rd and 7 = Punt = Negative
    Sacked: Loss of 7 = Negative
    Incomplete: 3rd and 15 (thanks to -7 yard sack) = Punt = Negative
    Completion: To KW for 7 yards. = Positive
    Incomplete: To KB = Negative
    Incomplete: 3rd and 3 = Punt = Negative
    Delay of Game = Negative
    Completion: To KB for 6 yards = Positive
    Completion: To KW for 31 yards = Positive
    Completion: To KB for 4 yards = Positive
    Completion: To KW for 14 yards = Positive
    Incomplete: To KB = Negative
    Completion: To KW for 5 yards = Positive
    Completion: To DW for 10 yards + TD = Positive
    Incomplete: 3rd and 8 = Punt = Negative
    Incomplete: To KW = Negative
    Complete: To KB for 9 yards = Positive
    Incomplete: 3rd and 1 = Punt = Negative

See all that red? 11 out of 19 plays = Negative.

6 of those 11 bad plays resulted in us punting the ball. 6 times out of 19. 6 times in one half.

It's not Jakes numbers, really. It's his moments. He's bad when he needs to be at his best. He's good when it matters less.

He plays like a rookie that entered the game after the starter was hurt. Every. Game.

He looks incredibly uncomfortable. Has no pocket awareness- still can't read a blitz, still doesn't know when to run, when to pass, to keep his eyes down field. Still can't hit WRs in stride, still can't make the easiest pass possible (Britt for the win on slant). Still can't make more than one read. Even worse than that, he locks in one one receiver and decides to go to that one over and over again until it doesn't work.

Simply put: He hasn't progressed from the very first time he played vs Atlanta. He hasn't progressed from college.

I like the guy, but he's simply not an NFL starting QB.

When the absolute best thing you can say about him is that he had 2 good drives in 1 game and didn't throw an interception?... any backup in the NFL can do that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

With the above said: Fitzpatrick is going to get his chance.

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

can't believe I am saying this but I agree with you, at this point I don't see any future with this guy, he simply stinks! I don't like him but that's my opinion and criticize me for it but locker will never get a team to the playoffs!

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

We can talk about numbers and stats all day, but lets face it, the kid just doesn't have it as of right now...The passing yards at 38 going into the half are Tim Tebow like, and he is STILL missing simple NFL passes. We are more than likely run first because NOBODY has faith in this kid...Hence the Fitz pickup. Many teams have 1-2 RB combos and still chuck the rock a lot. I just don't see Jake leading us to game winning drives and shining under pressure. This is going to get REAL ugly, and I am not even a Jake hater.

7. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

They should have put Battle in when it was like 4:00 left instead of CJ to run down the clock.

8. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

That 99 yard scoring drive was nice though.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It was nice...but how often are we going to see that? I mean, lets be honest with oursleves. This isn't his rookie year, and that is a game you HAVE to win! I am just tired of seeing inaccurate passes and nervousness in the pocket...I think we will have a change in the coming weeks.

10. Deuce Wayne

Thing is- you can tell by the play calling that the staff has no faith in him.

So how long do they keep going with him before changing it up?

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar