Is Mariota making a grave mistake?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

He didn’t get the injury from being hit though. He was running. That has nothing to do with being too lean.

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Did it really though?

What, did he lose too much leg fat exposing his hammy to the cruel world?

I can't see how losing 5-10lbs equals hamstring problems...

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Yea I'm not buying the hamstring injury on losing 10lbs lol

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

what the hell are you talking about, nobody said he would get injured from being hit, we all stated he was gonna tear a hammy or groin.

and wether or not you believe that his hamstring injury was due in fact because he was too lean, I WAS FKING SPOT ON AND PREDICTED THIS WOULD HAPPEN. So I don't care.

Mock my professional opinion all you want, I've been dead on when it came to Dodd's injury, Mariota's soft tissue injury and both Lewan and Conk's preventable injuries by just wearing a damn knee brace. And now you guys wanna mess around with Mary not protecting his lead leg all for what, a tenth off his 40?

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

There must be alot of NFL players that are "too lean" because there is a sh*tload of hammy injuries every year.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

He didn’t pull his hammy because he was too lean. That’s just a dumb thing to say. Doesn’t make any sense.

You also claimed VY and Locker never had more turnovers than TD’s lol who cares what you’ve been right about. I’m just pointing out the fact his hamstring had nothing to do with him losing weight.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Please provide me with the facts.

Glycogen and carbohydrates are stored in fats in the muscle which is where energy is fueled; when a muscle is too lean the body breaks down the muscle fibers searching for stores of energy, creating strains or tears.

Read an A&P or Human Physiology book pal.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

This forum is truly blessed to have top experts in every field of human endeavor at our disposal. It’s too bad the multimillionaire NFL owners can’t pry these guys away from their jobs to help the team out.

• LOL LOL x 6
    • High Five High Five x 2
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Being “lean” does not predispose a person to a hamstring injury.

And there is a reason the coaches and trainers are ok with it- at least right now in non contact work.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

What athlete would be most susceptible to a hamstring or muscle tear?

I would say a 100m sprinter.

How lean are they? Pretty damn lean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar