Is Marc Mariani on the Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 27, 2012.

?

Does Marc Mariani make it out of camp?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2012.
  1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    49.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I think Hawk could have been contributing a lot more a lot sooner if he was just given a chance. Now that he finally got some significant playing time I think he will start learning not to dance around and stuff. But since he was only given so few chances the last few years he wants to try to make something big happen when he actually does get the ball.

He has picked up some pretty crucial 1st downs for us though, and he does have some moves ... wasn't it hawk that just straight up hurdled someone a couple years ago? I remember CJ going crazy on the sideline after that happened LOL.

2. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaRJlmDdqg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaRJlmDdqg[/ame]

Reverse!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I really like Dwill and Hawk we are loaded with weapons for Locker something VY never really got.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

TBH the most important thing for a PR/KR is to keep possession and MM has done a good job of that.

He's also a good returner, wouldn't say amazing, but he is definitely solid. Put in a guy who muffs some kicks and you'll quickly be begging for MM.

Side note, if he does get cut, he will be a Ram in no time - you can take that to the bank.

5. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

That Mouton game got into Titans fans heads if you look at other teams no one really drops punts only Rookies.

Its not as hard as you guys think it is I was a Punter in high school and college.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yep, just like we did with Carr. Letting him go ultimately cost us the playoffs. Didn't cost him the playoffs, just us.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I agree with ya Costa. There's not a ton of muffed punts in the NFL. However, if they do happen they're costly.

I think we've got more than enough returners now to do without Mariani, but I'm not ready to see him go as a fan. I think he'll stick around this year.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Maybe we can trade him to the 49ers, I hear they can use a guy who can catch a punt.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The way we've been drafting I'd take a 5th for him.

10. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

We have another guy on the roster right now that is an excellent retuner that no one has mentioned. He has speed, elusiveness and is not scared to catch a punt. Actually if given a chance to return punts or kickoffs it may help him to make the roster, and he is a better WR than Mariani. Which does not matter much because he is trying to make the team as a RB. Darius Reynaud is his name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar