Is Marc Mariani on the Hot Seat?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 27, 2012.

?

Does Marc Mariani make it out of camp?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2012.
  1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    49.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

With the Titans taking Wright last night, does that mean Marc Mariani is at risk to get cut?

I like Mariani a lot as a player, he's a good guy you can trust to hold on to the football and gain positive yards on returns. But the fact he hasn't developed much as a receiver has to make you wonder if he'll be here much longer.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

He'll be cut. There is no place left in the league for a guy who can't play receiver but can return kicks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yes.

1. Britt
    2. Washington
    3. Wright
    4. Williams
    5. Hawkins

All are guaranteed to be on the roster. Teams usually keep 6 WRs, so Mariani may make it, but just barely.

The fact that Wright has the ability to return kicks will really make it hard on Mariani.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans have kept six or seven WRs before. I think it depends on how special teams shake out but Mariani is cheap and I hope the Titans learned a thing or two with the Mouton experiment a couple of years ago.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Depends on how well Wright can return kicks.

But I still think we keep 6 on the roster. He stays this year, but he knows his time is short.

6. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

The only reason we drafted him was for his kick returning abilities. Since they changed the kick-off rules, a returner is pointless these days. Hasn't done much on offense whenever we gave him a chance.

Not a bad option as for as depth goes.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I wouldn't want Kendall returning kicks if he's going to start at WR, if he's a backup.. maybe. I don't like main offensive players being on ST.

Granted, kickoffs are irrelevant now and punts are rarely returned these days.. still.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No, he's not.

We didn't draft Wright to return kicks.

And if anything- Hawkins goes before Mariani. Let's be real. At least MM is good at SOMETHING.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hawkins just got a nice new deal tho DW

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Basically nailed it right here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar