Is LenDale White helping or hurting this team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 30, 2008.

?
  1. Helping

63 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Hurting

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Neutral

12 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morph

Morph Revolution

So what should we do? Try Henry or Ganther with CJ? Henry is in great shape from what I've seen...he just forgets to put in his contacts before each game...

Like I've said, I'd like to see White have more of an impact in the one-two punch game as well but you can hardly say that his 1,110 yards last season is not productive. Yes, that's last years stats but as someone said earlier - he hasn't just forgotten how to run the ball. It's only been four games so far too and White isn't getting as many carries as he did last year since CJ is in the mix.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because he's getting outplayed.

3. Morph

Morph Revolution

Don't think anyone would disagree with that.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Everyone sit back and imagine a competent back sharing the load with CJ. A back that is at least averaging a modest 4.0 ypc.....

He would have 60 carries for 240 yards right now. THAT IS 8 FIRST DOWNS MORE THAN WHAT LENDALE HAS. WHERE WOULD THIS OFFENSE BE WITH 8 MORE FIRST DOWNS?

Yes, I realize LenDale only gets the "between the tackles" carries, but he's so 1 dimensional what else is there for him to do? I'd hate to see what his ypc would be if they tried to do anything but run him a straight line.

5. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

No way, Jose, we're just on the other side of the discussion. That's all. :cool: As in the other 83%

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

17% can think outside the box. Statistics don't tell the whole story, right?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

let's try to work our way up to 3.0 YPC first.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

To claim someone should get more yards is not necessarily thinking beyond the confines.

Are all plays in any team sport done for statistics?
    Are some plays designed to create an environment that brings about future rather than immediate benefit?
    Are some plays designed to bring about complacency in the defense?
    Are some plays testing the waters?
    Are some plays just duds?
    Are some defenses good at reading what's coming?
    Are all of LenDale results due entirely to himself?
    Does the OL always do it's part?
    Why are our O tackles being honored for their great perimeter work that allows CJ to get to the outside and the interior line is not - even though they block for both?
    Has CJ burned up the field on interior runs?
    :blah2:
    Well we could go on and on analyzing what was called and what occurred. But, let's not. LenDale is an asset to me but not to you. That settles it.

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Sad but true. We're talking about an NFL RB here.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

When the Titans have the ball and we're on the opposing 2-4 yard line then everyone in the stadium knows whats coming. I know, you all know, the fans the coaches and the opposing defense all knows whats about to happen. And they still can't stop the guy. And on more then one occasion I've seen Lendale get stopped up at the line and then make a second surge to push through the defense and get the yardage needed for the TD/ 1st down. The guy has put up 30 points in 4 games and now we're throwing him under the bus? Unless you all forgot, this is exactly what we hoped for in the preseason, right? A cut back with outrageous speed and beast that can't be stopped from getting 3 yards. I'm all for Lendale, this is exactly what they had in USC and now we're lucky enough to get in on the action. I think CJs productivity falls without Lendale

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar