Is LenDale White helping or hurting this team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 30, 2008.

?
  1. Helping

63 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Hurting

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Neutral

12 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

The Lady Sings

Attached Files:

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

King Titan Posts

[​IMG]

or is that LenDale?

:p

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That's Underalls at the keyboard, don't slander ol' Underalls he could be dead...

4. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

That's a nice self-portrait Sure! :) Actually I do resemble that gut, I mean guy!

Got a question: How do you paste in a photo so you don't have to use attachments, like dumb me has been doing?

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

TitanJeff, did you lose weight?:grrhee:

Please don't ban me.:gag:

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Neg rep coming which will take you back to a van... down by the river... with Lamont Thompson.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

LenDale gets his, he's well worth his pay. He has a tough time against some of these Ds like the Vikings and Ravens, but against nearly everyone else, we can control the clock with him as long as we can get him through the line. I wish he had a little more burst, so he can just get to the line quicker.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Well today is the first time I've had the opportunity to post in about a week, and in light of today's game I figured I had no choice but to dig this thread up, and I'm quite surprised it hasn't been done.
    As I'm sure you all know, Lendale (along with CJ) had a monster of a game today, 150 yards with three TDs and an 80 (not a typo) yard run for a TD. I don't care what team you're on, who you're playing against, or what the conditions are; if you put up those numbers then you just kicked some serious a$s. Lendale White and Chris Johnson took this game over and dominated from whistle to whistle. Both had over 145 yards, both scored, and both showed exactly how dominant they can be in their completely different ways. And as far as Lendale being 'fat slow useless weak ect', throw that garbage out the window right now and admit you were wrong. Say all you want about his year up to this game, his ypc prior to todays game, how lousy the Chiefs are, and how gay his TD dance is, but the facts are simple: we have quite possibly the best RB tandem in the league and both Lendale and CJ should be feared by opposing teams for their skill sets.
    Riddle me this fellow Titan lovers: aside from scoring statistics, what are the three most important stats in football? Simple... turnovers (on offense and defense), third down conversion success (on offense and defense), and red zone efficiency (on offense and defense). Now answer me this... where does Lendale shine at? Where is his game most effective? Well its funny you asked, because it happens to be on third down, in the redzone, and not fumbling the football. Sure, you could say that anyone could do what he does, you could say that he's 'ineffective and a waste of a roster spot', you'd just be absolutely wrong in both cases. Any by the way, I don't care what the situation is, who you're playing against, where you're playing, or any of that baloney, if you run 80 yards up the gut untouched then you've got some damn speed. There are several defensive backs in on every play from scrimmage, and those guys are typically of the 4.5 speed or faster, and if they can't even touch you then you simply aren't slow.

Lendale Whites 2008 Stats:
    80 carries
    314 yards (3.9 ypc)
    8 TD
    (on pace for 208 carries, 816 yards, and 20 TD

Chris Johnson:
    103 Carries
    549 yards (5.3 ypc)
    3 TD
    (on pace for 267 carries, 1427 yards, and 7 TD)

Of course on pace statistics aren't an accurate prediction of anything, it just goes to show how the 6 games of progress they have would look stretched out over a season. However, looking at the combined stats:
    183 carries
    863 yards (4.7 ypc)
    11 TD
    (on pace for: 475 carries, 2,243 yards, and 28 TDs!)

it is quite clear that we have a dominant running game and are more or less bad a$s. Please speak up and let me know if you want anything to change when it comes to our ground attack, and hopefully TitanJeff will put you on some kind of probationary period for lack of football knowledge.
    In closing, I want to remind everyone that I have stuck behind Lendale 100% of the time, aside from the occasional irresistible fat joke, and even when the absurdly trendy idea that Lendale is a waste of a down tried to creep into my head, I quickly pushed it away. If Lendale shows me that TD dance three more times in the next 4 games then I'll be sporting a Lendale White authentic jersey on December 28 in Indianapolis. Go Lendale, and GO TITANS! 6-0 feels damn good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar