Rumor interesting CBS Sports story

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by altitan, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Buy a majority portion of an AFL team to gain GM experience, become a part of the AFL's Executive Committee, and then move up to the NFL?

I think a lot of people neglect the fact that Elway didn't just jump right into the GM role in Denver...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I said I think he has a better business sense.
    Why do you keep bringing up Brady? Is that your way of Belittling Vols fans discussing Manning working in the front office for the Titans?

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Not neglecting anything...but Peyton is an NFL lifer.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I do not see anything about him that would make him a better GM than Brady. What gives him such great business sense? Is it the number of endorsements he does?

Consider the difference in with Brady:
    • He is more of a team guy. Takes paycuts to get better teammates whereas Manning is always quick to yell at teammates and blame them for losses
    • Brady went to a better school
    • Brady has been around winning more
    • Brady has not melted under pressure as much
    • Brady had to work harder to get to where he is
    All of these point to someone who is better suited to a front office position.

5. Fry

Vol fans gonna be pissed.

[​IMG]

• Troll Troll x 1
  6. The Hammer

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings here. Let's be realistic though, I don't think I need to post rankings.

7. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

One seems to be a bit more conservative than the other. The more conservative one is Peyton. I would bit he is better with dollars and cents. The one thing watching him over the years is I think he over thinks things instead of just doing. Tom I just think does. But Peyton overthinking things is probably a pretty good trait to have going into business.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Why is Brady even in this discussion? The reason why we're even talking Manning in the first place is because there is actually a chance, albeit small. Also not entirely sure what half your points have to do with determining the success of a GM.

-Peyton Manning took a pay cut entering this season. I'm also pretty sure Manning doesn't believe it's never his fault for a loss.

-What does a college choice have to do with anything? He stayed in the South and had a hell of a career at Tennessee.

-Brady's won more, but it's not like Manning didn't win his own Super Bowl and was close multiple other times and always had the Colts contending. And comparing anyone to the amount that Brady has won is automatically setting them up to fail. There's a reason he's going down as the GOAT.

-So Manning is going to melt under pressure when the Titans are on the clock and Brady is wheeling and dealing like Costner in Draft Day?

-BS. Manning is known to be one of the hardest working guys out there and studies film like no other. Brady took over because of a Drew Bledsoe injury, Manning was the guy for his team day 1. It's not like Belichick was so enamoured by Brady that he dumped Bledsoe because of his work ethic.

9. The Hammer

I have a better idea. Why not hire a personnel guy to be the GM instead of a player.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Fry

So what famous UT alumni is also a personnel guy in the NFL? Whoever he is, he would be qualified, I'm sure.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar