Injury Problem -- Management Needs to Fix

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Dec 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

This conversation deserves its own thread.

[​IMG]

Seem to? LOL, come on man :)

@Titansman1 is right, there is something seriously wrong with this many games missed because of injury. One year can maybe be blamed on "Bad luck" but a second year in a row and there is something wrong.

It can be a combination of several things
    • "Strength and Conditioning" staff
    • Doing something wrong in training camp
    • Injury prone players
    • Problems with practice

Either way, there is something wrong when 2 years in a row we are among the very worst for injuries.

And let's not ignore the forest by staring at a couple trees. There is a problem on this team.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I read graphs as part of my job. That graph is more suggestive that we are better utilizing replacement players to win/maintain division lead rather than an indictment of an institutional problem. It could very well most strongly represent that we rest players appropriately and yet still win.

I don't disagree that the total number of games missed is worrisome for some unidentified factor that needs correcting. And it seems we are losing out KEY players more than other teams. But we're winning and winning the division. Now that it is December i is time for key players to perform whether dinged up or not. If we return everybody full strength for the playoffs and they all play well, then this graph is basically meaningless.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. The Hammer

We are winning a joke of a division

Though I get what you are saying,

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm not saying it means we're good, just we're dong whatever it takes to rest players for later without really sacrificing much. We are never going to get home field throughout the playoffs with this personnel group. So basically, nothing matters unless our division lead is threatened. Just need our best players in their best health come playoffs. Maybe a game sooner to knock off any rust.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I agree that Vrabel seems to be a magician at getting the team to perform pretty well with just about any plug and play player.

But this year it’s catching up to us. We have the benefit of playing in one of the weakest divisions in football. We probably end up with 6 of our wins in our division. Any other division and we probably have a losing record. So far we’ve only beat one team with a winning record.

And last year, we were the healthiest we had been all year for the playoff game against the Bengals. That didn’t work out so good. Some how were able to beat good teams last year while fielding a record number of players. This year, that’s not the case. I think when we play with a revolving door of fill ins, the core group never gets to build any continuity.

#5 Titansman1, Dec 5, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

I've relegated my decision of us being a good team to a bad team. Yes injuries play apart, but this is the 2nd straight year of said injuries, we've got injury prone players or coaches working them too hard.

Bad teams can still have good elements in their game I.e lions scoring like 30 points a game but have a Swiss cheese of a defence. We are the polar opposite.
    Vrabel great coach of football, management of staff I'm not so convinced.
    This trying to run an offense out of Henry isn't working either, the o line is piss poor changes are needed.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Carp

Carp Starter

We lose this weekend, there's a real possibility that we lose the division. Chargers and Dallas are almost for sure loses. Texans is the only likely win.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

All I see is the upper left quadrant and who is there, and the fact they are doing something we and many teams aren’t. They are not less physical than we are. However they are better conditioned and physically prepared to play the game. Two years in a row we are #1 or 2 in this category and that cannot simply be due to bad luck.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

It is definitely not a coincidence. There is something going on there.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. The Hammer

Yah, that's what I'm saying

I get that we rest players, but there has to be more than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar