In the market for a Tablet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ten_Titans, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I suppose my stance is more assuming you have a laptop and smartphone... then I don't understand a tablet.

If you don't have a laptop and don't really need much power- then I see how it could be handy.

To me it's just an odd inbetweener system. Really shocked they're still selling- much less doing very well.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

My Dad has the Microsoft Surface. It's pretty good from what I've been.

Basically a tablet version of a laptop.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Honestly, I prefer Sketchup over AutoCad if you are working on something that doesn't need to be precise.

I know a lot of people that start in Autocad and transfer over to Sketchup to add the "meat" to whatever the design is.

I'm kind of the opposite. While I don't transfer from Sketchup to Autocad (Don't know if you can, even), Sketchup is much easier to fool around with design.

AutoCad is fine, but it is much easier if you have more than just a concept of what you are trying to do.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What does AutoCAD do?

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

from what i have read, male birth control.

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

CAD= Computer aided design. Basically, lets you produce very precise blueprints + 3d models of various things like tools, buildings, and just about anything else.

Lol

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Same here. I don't use a smart phone so it comes in handy when away from home. I also do a lot of reading and tv/movie watching on it. It's nice for meetings as well to take notes, show designs, etc.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I had a tablet. Then I got a good smartphone (Samsung gs3). I found I never used it after that, so I sold it.

I think next time, I'm gonna go phablet, like a galaxy note.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I've got an iPhone as well however I use my iPad more as a laptop. Contains all my notes and contacts as well as my phone. Great for GPS on the road. Traveling a lot made it very convenient compared to a much smaller phone.

I do see how someone would use a phone that's on hand.

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy tablet, and I'm about ready to go back to my laptop full time again.

Freezes a lot, YouTube won't play when you open another window. I sure as hell won't be using this when Titan talk heats up during games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar