I'm afraid the Titans are going to blow a real opportunity.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HeadOnASwivel, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I see this offseason as a huge opportunity to fix things and get headed in the right direction. Specifically I'm talking about hiring Jim Harbaugh, a guy who seems like the perfect NFL head coach in this age of offense.

The problem is Bud Adams; I just don't think he gets it and he will continue to roll with Fish and his failed approach. Some team is going to get Harbaugh and we'll be sitting on our hands while the league continues to evolve around us, and every other team just pass us by.

I feel we really don't need that much in terms of players/talent we just need the right approach to offense and a much better defensive approach.

We have the best RB in football, but he's not being used the way he should be. We have easily one of the best young receivers in football in Britt.
    We have a solid O-line, with our Tackles set for years to come.

We have a solid D-line, when healthy, and some decent talent at LB and in the secondary.

Personally I think that we need a new franchise QB but however you feel about VY, Harbaugh is the best guy to either coach up VY or get a stud in there who can really play. Some of our issues on defense can be helped along with free agency but if we just had the proper coaching in place I really feel this team could be awesome. It's not going to happen overnight, but the sooner a change is made, the sooner we can get back on the right track.

Please Bud, see the light and don't let this opportunity pass us by.

• High Five High Five x 6
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I couldn't agree with you more. I know for a fact that if Harbaugh can turn Stanford around and turn those guys into a real good team, I'm sure he can put his stamp on the NFL.

Bud needs to do all he can do to get this guy in Nashville, because like you said, we are not a team in transition. We have all the pieces in place and I hope to God, Bud don't let this opportunity pass him by.

3. SchindlersFist

SchindlersFist Camp Fodder

i think Bud has bigger problems like figuring out what year this is...however i do agree that a change is needed, ive always been a VY and Fisher supporter, but wouldnt mind seeing either go. And if they both stay like the guy in the powder blue pants says they will then a new offensive philosophy and by a new one, i mean anything other than this one

4. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

Harbaugh should be the first call that's made after showing Fisher the door.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What other teams will be calling Jim Harbaugh?

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Right now, we are in good position to get a real good coach, because I really don't see no other team pressing for that need as of right now, besides Carolina and maybe the Texans.

7. amy

amy Starter

I predict Fisher will give up his money and resign at the end of the year. We will then get another mediocre coach and VY will continue to do what he's done for five years now-play a little, pout a little, get hurt a little, and try to undermine anyone who asks him to dedicate himself to his chosen craft.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I just hope the AFC south still sucks next year...oh and that we hopefully get a new coach.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What is your solution to QB?

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Michigan, for one- and they'll pay him more than we will and that's his dream job. He has no affilation here... no familiarity... no ties. It's not happening.

Plenty of colleges will be calling him up.

Several NFL teams will be doing the same.

We're not on his list, whether he's on ours or not.

I highly doubt he'd want to coach in the NFL anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar