IF we got McDaniels, which version would you want?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sabomnim, Jan 16, 2016.

?
  1. HC

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. HC/OC

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

IF we ended up getting McDaniels, would you want him to call the plays or just focus on HC responsibilities?

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

As long as it resembles the PATS I'm good with it. Take advantage of skill sets, draft well, cut useless pieces of ****-you hear me talking Michelle "whiffin" Griffin?
    [​IMG]

#2 Big TT, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Of course HC/OC. OC is where he has succeeded. HC, he has failed miserably in those duties. If his OCing is good enough, it may make up for the places he lacks.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

If he has failed miserably at HC why would we want him? Hes no different than Mularkey then isn't he? Why not make him OC and look elsewhere for HC, someone with success? Someone like Coughlin?

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
  5. piepsilon

piepsilon Starter

Tough question. If he hires an OC, it needs to be one that is familiar with his style and play scheme. Otherwise, it could be a setback. I'm not a fan of HCs that do the dual role thing, so I'd probably want him to hire an OC. It let's him focus on the bigger picture where I think he could shine this second time around. He can always fine tune the offense if he sees issues with playcalling.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think game day playcalling and head coaching is too much to keep track of for one person. Trying to get information from the guys upstairs about adjustments the defense is making for the next offensive drive, time management, challenges, talking to the QB about what he wants do, and so on.

Not just for McDaniels, but just in general.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

It's not a problem for lots of head coaches. McCarthy is the first one who comes to mind. The Packers have won plenty of games, including a Super Bowl, with him calling plays.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That's fine. I'm not saying it can't be done, I just don't like it.

9. piepsilon

piepsilon Starter

Actually, McCarthy is the first one that came to mind for me. Everything can seem great when the talent is there and the offense puts up 30 to 40 points a game. A lot of deficiencies get covered up. We have however seen the flip side when the offense starts struggling and opposing teams are starting to adjust their play. McCarthy has shown sloppiness many times when it comes to game management. When the defense has been subpar, almost no adjustments are made during the game. I don't put that all on the DC. Communication on the sideline has been a disaster many times as well. Don't get me wrong, they still got in the playoffs this year. I would kill for that with the Titans, but that team is definitely not playing to its potential. It's all due to fine tuning, which is the HC's job. It's probably why I'm a fan of coaches like Belichick, Tomlin, Fox,etc. Hell, even a douche like Pete Carroll gets respect. You have no idea how much it just hurt me to state that. :puke:

• Troll Troll x 1
  10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

There wouldn't be an option. He would be calling plays. End of story.

I mean, the difference between a guy like McDaniels and a guy like Mularkey is obvious.

McDaniels can coach.

He started 6-0. He failed due to arrogant control over his roster. Something he has learned from, and created a plan to avoid the same mistakes again. (supposedly)

On top of that, he wouldn't be given complete roster control here.

He can coach. His team quit on him because he ravaged his own roster. But he can coach. Mularkey cannot. They have both proven that everywhere they have ever been.

#10 Ten_Titans, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar