If Peyton became a Titan...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SwingOnDeezBalz, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdog

jdog I like beer!

That could be the #1 reason to snag him away.

2. SifuSoul

SifuSoul Camp Fodder

The same way we react with Peyton as a Colt. Tears.

3. Coov

Coov Starter

Peyton would suck as a Titan. Who would he throw to?

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Why is this even a question? Why don't we ask the same for Tom Brady or Drew Brees while we're at it..

5. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Peyton makes players around him better. On any other team nobody would know who the hell pierre garcon was..probably wouldnt have even made a some teams..and here he is doing pretty good with the colts. Great QBs have that ability..they dont need great WRs around them

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

That's the thing that amazes me about him: he ALWAYS has someone to throw to! Even he gets rushed hard and is about to eat dirt, he lobs a floater to a wide-open eligible receiver that the defense hasn't even noticed as being on the field.

I remember when he was awful in his early years... throwing picks right and left... he lost me money... but his passing and playcalling has gotten tremendous since then.

One of the problems I have with Collins is that he seems to rely upon timed routes entirely too much... as if he expects there to be no defenders on the field. I saw him cussing out receivers when he was with Carolina... throwing to empty field, overthrowing, underthrowing... mad at the receiver because he got blocked. Peyton OTOH doesn't seem to have any trouble adjusting to defensive pressure.

It was quite irritating listening to the commentators on Sunday night, reaching for something positive to say and coming up with "... and the veteran Collins can make some great throws when he has time to stand in the pocket...." Well, part of the game is not allowing him to stand in the pocket... what then? In those times, Peyton nearly always has an out.

7. SifuSoul

SifuSoul Camp Fodder

Well Peyton's arm is also kind of absurd. I mean, he guns the ball really fast and really accurately. So, he has the ability to a lot more on the fly. Peyton and Collins can make the same read, but Collins simply doesn't have the sheer strength to get the ball to him. See also, Favre.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Peyton is 33. He will soon sign an extension with the Colts (his current deal expires in another year, but there is a 0% chance he hits free agency) and he will almost certainly retire as a Colt. I really don't see him doing the Favre thing. If he does, it won't be for another 6-8 years.

It's fun to think about, but the chances the Titans sign Peyton are equal to the chances they sign Dan Marino.

10. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

Can anyone with a wet dream fantasy start a thread here on this forum?

Let's keep it real please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar