If Jeff leaves..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitan277, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, the team has surrounded him with better weapons and a lot of defenses leave those weapons one-on-one because they sell out to stop CJ.

This offense is elementary at best. It's full of roll outs to cut his reads in half. Most of VY's completions are hitches to Nate Washington, something deep to Kenny Britt or a drag route to Bo Scaife. Five years in to his career and he still can't throw a swing pass accurately or throw a wide receiver screen without making the wideout jump to catch the ball.

I hope he's just lazy, otherwise he doesn't have what it takes to play the position at a high level.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Rating says otherwise. Winning says otherwise. And it's the legs that give us the 4-5 comebacks every year. Without 'em, we end up losing those games. McNair's legs did the same thing. You want to win in the 4th quarter. You turn to VY and he's proven he'll get it done.

3. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

This stuff, man...I don't know what to say.

He's won games already. He's gonna be there. If not with us then somewhere else.

He's already a proven player...

This is kinda beside the point, but I think the bottomline is that people are gonna think the way they WANT to think about any player, especially when the media as a whole decides what consumers SHOULD think about a player.

4. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

gump isnt a proven player

the titans have won despite him

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

recent history says differently ...
    game in SD was winnable in the 4Q but 'the Diva' got a boo-boo and kfc went out and suPKed the joint up. Gotta be on the field to be effective at anything more than sucking up a roster spot and CAP. L goes to 'the Diva'

Miami game was winnable in the 4Q and 'the Diva' did not get it done, but the L goes to kfc.

Skins game was winnable in the 4Q and 'the Diva' got another boo-boo and luckily kfc was unavailable for his normal suPK job so 'the Rifle' stepped in and did not get it done. Gotta be on the field to be effective at anything more than sucking up a roster spot and CAP. L goes to 'the Diva'

Just sayin' I know that there has been times when running a lobotomized O has enabled 'the Diva' to grasp the O and excell late - but not lately.

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Wow you're worse than the Media. Vince wanted to play/finish 2 of those 3 games. Please stop posting.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I was here before here was here and I will be here when you are not for I am GoT 12 hour night shift worker!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No he's not. If he were a proven player he would have the trust of the coaching staff and this whole ordeal would have been avoided.

Was Steve McNair initially Jeff Fisher's guy? Nope. Jeff Fisher wanted Kevin Carter. McNair did what was asked of him and Jeff Fisher stood behind him despite fans being dissatisfied with his play initially because he was putting in the work to get better and it payed off. Fisher never once threw Steve under the bus when he wasn't playing well.

This whole "Fisher doesn't like Vince because he wasn't his guy" thing is garbage. I doubt every single guy on this roster is Jeff's guy, but you have to endear yourself to the staff and earn their respect and eventually it will take care of itself. For whatever reason that hasn't happened with Vince(I'd guess the 2008 Jacksonville game might have something to do with it)

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah asking if you can suck a dummy on the bench during the first game of the season tends to PO the people who planned on having you available for the season. Plus kfc not doing his normal suPK really make 'the Diva' look all drama queen and stuff

10. TNTitan277

TNTitan277 Camp Fodder

agree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar