If he won't play, VY ready to go elsewhere

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm not convinced VY can stay healthy in the NFL. Should Collins go down, Vince plays and subsequently gets injured again can you still throw money it him by way of his salary increase next season? He's definitely got some twigs for ankles..

2. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Young Addresses "Play or Trade" Comments

SUMMARY: In an interview with ESPN, Vince Young replied to reports he says took his statement about being ready to be "change careers" if the Titans didn't want to play him out of context. "I don’t know what NFL player around the league doesn’t want to play and be a starter," Young said. "So what I’m saying is that I’m ready to play ball, and if it’s not here in my next two years, that I’m going to be able to play here, then I’m telling guys around the league I’m ready to play football. That’s basically what I’m saying." When asked if he would settle for a backup role again this upcoming season, Young said if it happens, he'd do it. "I have to be patient right now, until that time comes back around that (Fisher) says 'you have the keys to the Hummer' again," said Young. "But until then, all I have to do is that care of my responsibilities and work, work, work, work, work."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

he needs to stop talking. sorry jeff, but he needs to prove he's ready.
    ________
    Zoroastrianism forums

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If you were in his shoes and had comments you made taken "out of context" as he claims, why would you not set the record straight if given the opportunity?

Now Vince can shaddup and play football.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Just a point about him not being aware of how he can be taken out of context.

Initially the interviewer asks him to explain his comments that sparked the 'trade over reaction' recently.Vince responds by saying if he can't play in Tennessee he's just wants everyone in the league to know he's ready to play ball.

The reporter was kind to him and drew him out more because it was a poor answer.In the wrong hands that interview could have been left there and used negatively to spark another drama.

It went well but IMO because the interviewer was on side.

6. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Of course the reporter could have used this interview against him. Editing can do wonders.

As far as Vince is concerned we all know Vince Young is not very well spoken but I think he was right to speak up so that people know he's not comfortable sitting on his butt. I don't think anyone would have had a problem with what he said the first time if he was a better speaker or if E-SPIN would have aired what he said in it's entirety instead of trying to create story.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Wow. Big thread. Sorry I'm late (been trying to solve my 7-month unemployment problem).

I did hear Randy Cross say on Sirius "Opening Drive" that he's not overly worried about Vince and that he'll say 4 out 5 things that coaches, players and fans really want to hear...then there'll be that one. It goes back to what I said about leaving a microphone in his face long enough. Not the smoothest cat under interview.

Also, I'd like to point toward Collins' deal. Look at the numbers. It's without a doubt a one-year contract. Nothing actually has to be paid to him after 2009, unless the Titans want to. They have choices, and did the right thing for this year.

8. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i just hope this is the last we hear from VY until training camp atleast.

9. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

He didn't say "out of context" he said "out of text." You would think that would be a word he had learned by now.

10. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

the fact that he cant speak in complete sentences annoys the hell out of me.

but then again..you ever see his wonderlic test?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar