If defense wins championships....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Of all 12 playoff teams, the Titans are tied for the fewest TDs allowed over the last 6 games....we are tied with the Vikings and the Pats with 7. The daunting Jags defense has given up 13. The Steelers have given up 17.

Of course the offense has only scored 10 TDs....2 more than the Bills.

Let’s go Titans

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea sure why the hell not, GO TITANS!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Quintessential "Bend Don't Break" defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

TITANS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Defense and the remnants of Peyton Manning with 2 stud runningbacks wins championships

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Titans D is underrated. Imagine if the offense was even halfway decent...

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. RTH

RTH Meh...

I lean toward overachieving.

8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Not like they're spectacular...but just solid with some young players that are playing well. (Jackson, Byard, Brown etc)

I don't see how they could be overachieving when hardly anyone recognizes the D as a decent unit plus the young guys should only get better.

9. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I was expecting our defense to be Swiss cheese this year and thought we'd address it this next offseason. And at the beginning the season they did get gouged but I'll have to admit that old Dickie has a pretty much no name defense performing way better than I expected them to.

Imagine if we actually stack the defense with a few more pieces, I think DL can still run a defense and he's not our problem.

Now too bad the explosive offense that we were all expecting this year has been stifled. We could make some noise even with this D if only the offense could get out of their own way.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Of course, it’s not like we’ve had anyone playing from behind against us either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar