I wonder how Vince is feeling today?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by quagliero, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Maybe not. When VY is running his Steakhouse fulltime in a few years, Titanup might tell him the saga of how he is stepping in on his behalf, and VY might give him a high five or something. That would be cool for him. Only after he pays his 20 dollars for the autograph though.

2. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

C'mon now, McNair wasn't loved that much! Did fans even defend the guy when he got run out of town?

What I go "hmmm" to is most of the posts on this board.

Edit:

You also said that I made posts about race all over the forum or something to that effect...where?

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You're good at hinting at it, but making it clear..

"VY was never going to get mass appeal in Tenn. Wasn't ever gonna happen"

"Vince is not a Tennessee type of QB. He was never gonna get fan support."

"Yeah he'll probably be happier somewhere else because he'll never get the kind of fan support he wants here. He needs to be in a different type of city.
    I think I see an elephant in this room that none of us wants to talk about."

"Vince just needs to get out of town.

He should have known better than to come 'round these parts.'"

There's a few.... Since you made me go through the effort. Don't even act like you don't know what I'm saying, and you made it perfectly clear with your last ranting.

and I haven't found a Titans fan that hates McNair. Pretty much the entire country sided with McNair. Most people didn't like Volek. People were in love with him here,
    you probably jumped on board in 2006 or later, so you probably don't know anything about that...
    It isn't race.

You made it abundantly clear that he doesn't fit in Tennessee, not the Titans organization...

I'm not even from Tennessee, but you clearly aren't either. There may be some crazy racist hillbillies there, but you act like the majority of Tennesseeans are bigoted and ignorant, and it's despicable.

4. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

That's true though...

Vince was...er...is a god where he comes from. He wasn't at Tebow level disciples but the guy got crazy amounts of love from everyone. That wasn't gonna happen here, especially with him being from UT.

Not only that, but his new coach is a USC boy who wants a "traditional" sit still the pocket QB who won't make mistakes but won't take chances either.

In addition to this, the so-called fans he will inherit as a new Titan are all gung-ho about the hometown Golden Boy from Vanderbilt who would go on to lead the Titans to 12 consecutive Super Bowls...had the Titans been smart enough to draft him....

Eventually, VY does something to tick off Paul Kuharsky and the gang (who were already predisposed to dislike him for the simple fact that Fisher didn't want him) and now the media guys use their craft to tear Young down at any chance they get...even to the point of making fun of him for trying to commit suicide (never mind whether he did or not) or outright lying (ipod on the bench).

Now let's talk about present day when even in the midst of victories and solid play, some "Titans fans" can't hide their true colors. Whether it was suicide jokes (thought inappropriate in any other case) or incredible scrutinization of even the most minor of infractions (Vince Young partied with his shirt off! Let's crucify him!), potshots abounded.

And don't you dare admit to actually liking the guy:

"Vince is ok. He's leading the league in passer rating right now"

pretty much led to

"GTFO."

The sheer amount of hyperbole against the guy is enough to make you stop and think.

Honestly, I don't see how people DON'T think this was a rather unfortunate, hostile situation for old VY. Coach, media and fans alike have been waiting for failure since day one...

Now we witness the celebration.

Hope it ends up being worth it. :lol:

5. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

hide behind your racist BS... but thats all it is, BS. mcnair was/ is loved in this state, period! ive never meet a fan that didnt think the way he's departure from here was handled terribly.
    furthermore you've been quoted and called out and still want to act like you dont know what nickmsmith is sayin... dont play games, its pretty obvious sir.
    now you claim fisher wanted the "typical" pocket passer instead of young.... mcnair was just like young in that regard, upper management ran mcnair out not fisher. get your facts straight!
    VY's home town loves him to death, great! same way "golden boy's" home town loved him to death, whats sooo wrong with that? because ones black its an issue, your whats wrong in this country!

people crack jokes on tons of players on this team, why dont you cry about the KFC alcoholic jokes...or all the cracks on donnie nickey? fact of the matter is no matter what color VY's skin, he's done quite a few things that deserve a laugh....deal with it

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

And i find that quite humorous :ha:

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm so sorry, grammar police.

How is Australia treating you?

8. drawingguy

drawingguy Camp Fodder

If you were correct that would mean that those who don't care for Young don't care for the majority of the team because their also black. Your assumption is illogical and indeed racist.
    That sort of strategy worked well in the 08 election and we all know how well that's turned out. I think your playing a worn out card there fella.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

"That sort of strategy worked well in the 08 election and we all know how well that's turned out"

That doesn't sound racist to you at all? I've heard that racial slang before.

10. drawingguy

drawingguy Camp Fodder

Your statement makes no sense. How in the hell do you hear racial slang from that statement? ... :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar