I have to get this off my chest..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ToddTheTitan, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think the majority of it comes from the fact that he seemed 100% alright with taking a steaming pile of poo of the field after his 3rd holdout which resulted in him becoming the highest payed player on the team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I can understand it to a point because we all want him to play the best he can because in the end we want the Titans to win and he's an important part of it, but I don't get the level it's at. Look at every other top RB, you can go down the list of top 10 or maybe even top 15, and their fans all love their guy and I don't think I've seen that much hatred or dislike for their own player, but us on the other hand..

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

But most Titans fans knew that wasn't true and knew he wasn't that type of person. I've been saying that all along that there's no way he gave up, he just wasn't prepared. For some reason a lot of Titans fans think he's not trying on purpose, and I think the media putting things out of context and posting BS quotes helped that grow.

Look at the recent one where CJ typed "got my feet wet in pee season" then tweeted again "lol preseason" to correct his typo. This was after the Seattle game. This past week I've seen 20-30 articles based on that exact quote "lol preseason" and saying that CJ is laughing and not caring about preseason and I've seen thousands of comments bashing him over it. This is only a small part of it but it's pretty lame how the media feeds the CJ hate for no reason.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

They're mad because of the fact that he got such a big payday. I can't blame for for wanting the most money he could get.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I can think of another player who took the same type of flak. He was made fun of for dealing with depression issues and the whole suicide thing. He was also made fun of for the way he talked. I'm not saying a some of his criticism wasn't warranted, but not all of it.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

and you are 100% correct. This fanbase has embarrassed me for years now with that stuff.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Some even went so far as to create a fake blog, or hijack a fake blog to discredit me.

Out of that situation though, I am really excited about Jake Locker and have supported him sense day 1. I just hope that if it takes him longer to grow than some expect, that the fanbase won't turn on him as well.

8. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

Have we become Philly? Let's start booing the **** out of Santa at Christmas time....

9. amy

amy Starter

People got to hate; just keep sending out those positive vibes and overcome the negative ones. One positive counterbalances a whole bunch of negative, even though it may not show at the moment.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar