I Have a Sneaking Suspicion That Mularkey Should Be Fired, Even If He Makes The Playoffs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Nov 20, 2017.

?
  1. Yes, even if he makes the playoffs

60.0%
  2. No if he makes the playoffs, yes if he doesn't

27.1%
  3. No, we should give him at least another year

12.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm with you. I just don't like to hear the fanbase being discredited. Fan enthusiasm is a measure of the organization's efficiency at creating a product worth supporting. I should have dumped my PSL's 10 years ago. But honestly- they aren't worth anything and haven't been for 10 years. I only kept buying season tix because it was a bonding experience with my children. They are grown now and I don't go blow it out with my buds like I used to pre-kids. So for no other reason, I'd just rather watch the games at home. I still give tix to business folks and interest has picked up a bit. But I'm serious- if we can't field a better performing team with all the draft capital we spent, we're back at #3 in this division in the upcoming years. And everybody can tell it is the coaching.

People b!tch here alot because honestly this organization is has not been run as well as it could or should be. And it's not easy to produce a winning product- most fans understand that. But when ownership promotes familiarity over accountability fans who really want to win have a tough time letting that slide.

And let's be honest. I've toured multiple other NFL stadiums and venues. The city of Nashville has everything in place to be on par with the premiere sporting cities. But just until the past 2 years the stadium was allowed to erode, the gameday experience was not kept current, Fisher was kept long after he should have been, there has been multiple "phony" coach searches, GM's were promoted from within- I mean what are paying fans supposed to feel good about? And to to boot, the tix prices have been raised again.

Mularkey is a likable guy. But he is just a slightly below average offensive mind. Robiskie HAS to go. Mularkey can stay or go. This franchise needs innovative coaching to stay AHEAD of the league trends. And that usually means younger minds. Not coaches with which owership feels FAMILIAR. And when results don't occur on a timeline, they need to be held accountable.

I don't AAS is capable of breaking the Adams way of doing NFL business. I don't think anybody in the Adams family is either. This franchise simply needs a new owner that won't handcuff a GM.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

its pretty simple to me. If we make the playoffs, then MM buys himself another year, but is forced to sign a new OC and DL needs to retire. If we miss the playoffs then he should be fired plain and simple. Its been said over and over on here, but this team is to good and our division is to easy for there to be any excuses at all from the top if we miss the playoffs.

3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Mariota is one of the most calm qbs ive seen operate in the pocket. I think his quick feet give off the impression that he is jittery and uncomfortable. But on this topic this is one of those situations where winning isnt everything. We haveba bunch of young talented guys that will be around for ablong time. We dont want to see regression even if we are sneaking out a few wins here and there against terrible teams.

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Cheers!

I can appreciate and understand all of that.
    I still go to every game as I have for years. Living downtown makes it less of a hassle than those who drive in in from long distances to see them play poorly....I get that as well.

IMO....AAS has done more to “try” to make improvements than anything in the last 10+ years. Is it enough? Who knows?!?!? ....but I give some credit/patience for the effort I have seen.

Mularkey is not Belicheck but there are worse. Yes he is a really good guy but that’s not my reasoning.
    I believe in giving him some time. So many people (like politics) formed their opinions the moment he was hired and refuse to even think of any change. Again.....2 wins to playoffs (according to the poll) in 2 seasons and “he should be fired”. I think it’s crazy.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

No it isnt crazy considering the talent J Rob has brought to Nashville. Any coach could lead them with this roster.

• Boring Boring x 1
  6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Yay, we have a chance to get a wild card spot with 2/3 division QBs on IR, and in a garbage AFC. If Watson doesn't get hurt, this team might not even have a wild card spot right now. If Luck was healthy, who even knows. So yes, let's congratulate Mularkey for the record they have with the softest schedule and all the other teams injuries. Next year will be ugly and expose this ****** scheme and staff even more, but you'll be ok with it because of a 9-7 season, and one where they might limp into the playoffs and probably get blown it. Like I said, mediocrity.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  7. skitch

No....I wouldn’t be ok with that next year. Progress is better each year. Going backwards is not ok.

You complain about things that haven’t happened yet.

#57 skitch, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  8. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Tbh, I think it's a more ****** to tell fans of this team to "stop going" or "root for someone else" than for a fan to come and complain about coaching or underwhelming play to fellow titan fans who might feel the same way.

Y'all sure do like to ***** about opposing fans taking up half the stadium, but have no issue telling people who give their hard earned money to a franchise and feel no sort of return on investment, too not go to the games or pick another team to root for.

This team is probably bottom 3 in fan base size out of all NFL teams, and we have seen some awful and medicore at best play the past decade. Last thing anyone should do is tell someone "stop going then."

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

So if fans bought PSLs for movie theater in town, and all they showed were documentaries of the mating habits of earthworms, you would say keep supporting the place?

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. skitch

If all you do is ***** and complain....
    And he has stopped going btw.

The only reason opposing fans go is because Titans fans don’t. If you don’t like the return on your investment, move your investment somewhere else....just like you would with a stock, for example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar