Hue Jackson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If you watch the bengals play, it is hard to like jackson the play calling is really bad.

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

They tend to lay up on leads and not put people away. They may have one of the best nfl rosters minus the qb postition. They have really struggled to run the ball with on paper the deepest o-line in football and 2 pretty good rbs.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I just don't understand the Hue Jackson hype.

What am I missing?

I feel like Gase is a much better option.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

When you have whisenhunt and munchak as your coaches any potential new coach gets hype.

Jackson gets hype because he got a bad shot in Oakland and went 8-8 in one season with a team that struggled to win 6 games most years over the previous decade, and he's on staff at Cincinnati which has been a playoff team every year he's been there. His body of work indicates he can make a team respectable, and he has an offensive background which is what the titans are looking for

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. TennesseeTom

TennesseeTom Starter

Hue Jackson is my top guy. I also love Gase though. The thing that pushes Jackson on top for me, is he has HC experience. Gase knows offense, but how will he fare running the show? It's the unknown with Gase that makes Jackson my top choise. I'd be very happy with either though.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The case for Hue based off his two tenures with Cincy is pretty obvious.
    When Hue was there the offense hummed. When it was just Brat or Gruden with mostly the same cast they sputtered. Marvin made no bones about missing him when he lost him to Oakland.
    Anyone bashing 2015 Dalton simply hasn't watched him enough. He sputtered in one game against The Texans.
    I'm not saying Dalton is elite or has the same NFL ceiling as Marcus' but his game has sharpened a lot and Hue is behind that.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

You can't be serious? Dalton is consistent alright... At choking in the playoffs. Hell, even prime time games. What did they put up against Houston on MNF, 6 points.....lol

• Boring Boring x 1
  8. XO

XO Nevada Native

25 TDs
    67% Completion

and didn't even finish the year.

Now you admit Hue is a miracle worker or Dalton is a top 10 QB.

Take your pick.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. kenny

kenny Starter

My wife is a Bengals & Titans fan... yea I know it's hard to live with... LOL. However, when they play each other she supports the Bengals.....rough...LOL. Especially since they have spanked us every time we play them....

They draft exceptionally well. Jackson has been around this team for a while now. He knows how to win. Their run game is struggling THIS year. Last year they had an amazing run game. Teams are game planning to stop the run against them and making Dalton carry the load. Most of the year he has came through. In fact he has been pretty much amazing this year. Yea he chokes in big games....blah blah blah.....it's not all on the QB. There are 11 other players on offense. I would absolutely LOVE for this team to be able to make it to BIG games in order for some one to choke! I do not think we will have those issues at QB.

I am not saying that Jackson is the perfect HC for this team. I am still not sure of who I want..... All I am saying is don't hate on the guy. He has had far more success in 2 seasons than we have had in 5 maybe 10. I want to win. Dismissing a guy with the back ground Jackson has is nuts. Maybe he is the right guy; maybe not.

One thing is for damn sure; he absolutely is a guy that we should be researching and interviewing for the position.

The bad thing......until Webster is gone and we have a GM with a plan to improve this roster; it will be very hard for anyone to advance this team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar