Horton accepts Titans’ DC job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

all this talk of 3-4, Terrance Cody's a free agent right?

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Well looks like I need to start looking at free agent NT's. If not then we will certainly be drafting one.

Too bad Sammie Hill sucks because he has the size for it

3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Guys...GUYS....you're getting way ahead of yourselves. Transitioning over to the 3-4, at any level, will not be easy and will come with a lot of mistakes. You guys are talking like we are about to be the best defense in the league before a down is played. Again:

1. We don't have all the personnel to complete a 3-4 yet.
    2. The guys that are able might not of played in a 3-4, so there will be a learning curve.
    3. Horton has coached some good defenses, but we have no idea if it was more his coaching or this teams getting better players.

I urge you again to have some reservations and have a wait and see attitude for next season, and not shout how "dominant" we will be. As Titan fans, you should know how to not get your hopes up. It only makes it hurt more when we flop after such high expectations.

4. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Sammie Hill doesn't suck, he could certainly play NT. Mike Martin could possibly play there too if he added some weight.

In terms of free agency I would look at maybe a guy like Raji depending on the price.

5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yeah I just figured he is one of our biggest D lineman and is better against the run than Hill.

6. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

There's no way a 6'8 guy could play NT, he'd have no leverage.

An ideal NT is in the low 6 foot range and 320-30lbs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Clearly Tommy Smith is inept and the entire organization doesn't know what they are doing, as well as being content with mediocrity, right?

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Hahahahahahahahaha

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I am excited about this hire. The Cards and Browns have solid Ds. And even the Titans are just a few players away on D to be back to '08 greatness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar