hmmm Hester as a Titan???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

check out this article!!

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070115/SPORTS01/701150346/1027/RSS0201

summary of article:

"As the final minutes ticked off the clock before their second-round pick, the Titans had University of Miami cornerback Devin Hester on the phone.

Suddenly, though, there was a change of plan. Goodbye Hester, hello LenDale White.

Hester went on to become an impact player for the NFC finalist Chicago Bears, who drafted him 12 picks later. He had six returns for touchdowns, was an All-Pro and is going to the Pro Bowl.

White, a running back from USC, went on to rush for just 244 yards while playing behind resurgent veteran Travis Henry. Although his maturity was questioned, he said he can't complain about the way things went his rookie season."

now first thoughts that come to mind we dont really need him....hmmm he sucks at cb and we already have an amazing returner in pacman....but he did have a very good college career.

now think back to last yr

who sucked at corner but was amazing at returning kicks and had an excellent college yr....ahh thats right..."the best cornerback outside of denver [champ baily]" - foxsports.com on obviously pacman.

yet....in football we all know how some players can seem like amazing/outstanding players one yr but come out totally flat the next...i'm not sayin it will happen to henry i'm just sayin it could...although i do like henry (reminds me alot of barry)

i'm just sayin so many things coulda/can happend/happen:

travis henry @ tailback w/ an offseason FA backing him up next yr and prob jarret payton as 3rd string with devin hester as a cb and possible pacman type breakout yr next yr if we went that way instd of pickin lendale white...

but then again (assuming our current situation) wat if travis struggles next yr and white comes runnin outa the gates as he did in usc ...and reminds us what eddie george used to do...and we thank our lucky stars we got him and not that bust in chicago who cant cover a slug (if he continues stugglin at cb).

2. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

3. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

What's the big deal anyway? Hester sucks as a CB, only good as a return man, and we already have the Pacman.

4. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Yeah, It's not like we needed to spend a draft pick on a returner. Maybe hester could have played a bigger role in our secondary, but we did great with Finnegan in the 7th. So I don't see where we lost out. We have a Great PR that's really getting good at Corner and we got depth @ RB and CB in the draft. I think White will be a good pick for us when it all pans out.

5. Thing about that is, Pac was a great corner in college, Hester has never been more than a return man, and will never be more than a return man... period

6. Nine

Nine Starter

Remember when Dante Hall exploded back in 2003-2004, and he had a flurry of KO and punt returns for TD's....6 TD's in a five game stretch, or something like that? At the time, he was even getting mentioned as a possible MVP candidate.

Since then, he's had only two TD's and his numbers overall have been nothing special.

It's easy for teams to neutralize a dangerous KR/PR guy...just don't kick it to him. Right now, Hester is the flavor-of-the-week, but he''d better pick up some CB or WR skills if he hopes to stick around long term.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

White was the better pick for us long term. Hester was a great pick for a team like Chicago.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No thanks. What is he good for? Waste of a roster space IMO.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, but pacman actually had the skills to play corner, and did it at a high level in college(gave up one td in his career). the hurricanes couldnt decided whether hester was a corner, a receiver or a scat back.

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

and in the end, they just decided he was fast...just as chicago has done...

pacman is a better return man than hester...and pacman is a cornerback...hester is not...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar