Henry’s Foot Injury Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Afc46, Nov 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyronecalico

tyronecalico Starter

Can we afford someone like Melvin Gordon? Broncos already have their rb of the future and he’s a fa next year I believe.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't think they are chasing stats. For better or for worse, forcing the ball to him then using some kind of misdirection (play action, read option type plays) to create space downfield is the offense.

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

4. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

At the very least, maybe this will force Vrabel and Downing to open the offense more on first down and not be so damn predicable on that down

5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

We need to immediately sign that high school kid that just broke Henry’s Florida rushing record.

• LOL LOL x 3
  6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I keep hearing if Henry isn’t available for the playoffs Titans will be one and done. I get it. It’s a huge loss, and he’s by far the best player on the team. But I have faith in the rest of the team, the players, and the coaches. The Titans still have a lot of weapons and the D is starting to play a lot better. As important as Henry is, he’s not the whole team.

Keep the faith, stay positive guys and gals.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Even if Henry is able to return for a playoff run, I'm not sure how effective he would really be. It's not like he's going to instantly return to football ready form, especially given it is a foot injury and likely will be limited in any workouts he can do on his lower body.

Titans have to just assume Henry is gone for the season and anything else regarding Henry for this season is gravy.

8. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

We have all been hearing how the Titans can’t win without Henry. We about to find out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Young54

Young54 Starter

Well.. can’t say we didn’t see this coming.

It’s football, injuries happen and sometimes they’re just plain old bad luck, but we were playing with fire all season. This falls squarely on Vrabel and Downing. The number of carries was borderline negligence.

Even last season as Henry dominated, Art gave McNichols, Foreman, and Evans 83 carries spelling Henry. Even Jonnu and Batson got in on the action. Who was replacing all those carries now? No one. Stupid. Poor decision making. We all called it.

In a year where the whole team is snake bit, you’d think and ex-player head coach would be more careful with his prized horse.

Hopefully it’s a false warning. Either way, I still think the team can go far as is. I can see a trade for Marlon Mack but I don’t think it’s necessary. Bring back Foreman but let’s see what McNichols can do as the lead.

#69 Young54, Nov 1, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Agree 100%. My point was, this is still a very good and capable football team even without him.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar