Helmet vs Journey CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Mar 9, 2016.

?

BAND WARS RD1: Helmet vs Journey

Poll closed Mar 10, 2016.
  1. Helmet

31.3%
  2. Journey

68.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

True, but DSB was ultimately the destination.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I have a Steve Perry story..
    In 1983 (I think) they played an outdoor show with Aerosmith at The Miami Baseball Stadium (which was a minor league field pre-Marlins). I had never been to this stadium before and got lost in a pretty sketchy part of town trying to find my way to the event.
    It was a lot harder finding places back when there was no cellphone or GPS jazz. There were maps - and in some places you just don't stop and ask for a map or directions.
    So we're driving around in circles a bit and stop at a light when a big black car pulls up right next to us and the blackout windows rolls down and who is it but Steve Perry. He says "I can tell you guys are lost - just follow us and we'll get you there.." and they drive off. The driver did get us right to the venue and even into the venue gate to avoid the absurd Miami parking situation..
    If we didn't already have tickets we wouldn't have needed them at that point.
    We thanked Steve and whatever gal pal he was with for the help and I didn't see him again til they were on stage.
    I am no Journey fanatic but this was at the peak of their stardom and they played their tunes to perfection - which was in direct contrast to Aerosmith who was so f*ckd up that Tyler was singing the words from Sweet Emotion to Walk This Way.
    Thanks Steve if you're out there..

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah, journey is supremely talented from top to bottom.

The cheesy music in the 80s is way more profound and skillful than today, that's for sure.

Now, it's mostly a DJ/producer and a singer to fill in the blanks for vocals.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

BTW

Stone In Love is probably the best journey tune, IMO.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Stone in Love is a good classic rock song. It's the only Journey song I like.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar