Haynesworth (trade rumors, etc.)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Washington has paid Haynesworth 32 million, Tennessee will have nothing to do with what has already been paid, just future payments.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Just throw a coupla Carnegie Deli sammiches in the mix and Al can't say no...
    [​IMG]

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think Titans FO IS looking at ways to trade for AH. I can think of only two scenarios that are plausible:

1. We get an offer to trade down in the first round and pick up a second round pick. We package our acquired 2nd round pick with either Jovan Haye or Vickerson (maybe Gage or Washington).

2. We trade our 3rd round pick and Eugene Amano.

I'd have to let Washburn call the shot on this one if I was Fish. He's the man that would have to babysit Fat Al.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

neither could I too be honest - lol

But I would only eat what I could and take the rest home for lunch tomorrow.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I had lunch there on Saturday and my friend Jimmy Psycho ate that entire CB sandwich..
    Shocking.. I got a turkey breast which was the same size but I could only manage about a third of one half (and several of those amazing half sour pickles..)

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Fisher's job is a bit tentaive for next season so I don't think he's gonna let a position coach determine his future with a huge decision like that. Sure Wash will get input and offer an opinion, but Fisher's making this bed.

I don't think the Titans want to poney up big cash, picks and players for AH. If they can lose pieces we don't need and picks we can live without (3rd, 4th or 5th or some combo), it could happen. I don't see then doing all 3.

As for him not playing hard anymore, I actually think AH got very angry the scheme changed to where he looks like a bust even though his job is now to control the run and tie up blockers. He allowed their OLB's to do really well...but I think AH would be happy to come back...especially if we can get him a stud pass rushing DE as a partner. He'd still take plays off, but he'd be looking to make a statement to prove he was worth his contract. For stuff we can live without, it'd be worth the gamble. For a 1st rnd pick in this draft? No way!

Gut

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Unless this is a contract year for Albert that we don't know about...

why would anyone want him?

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The most playing time Haynesworth has done in a redskins uniform:

[​IMG]
    A $100 MILLION DOLLAR JOG!
    ...in training camp!

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yep, turns out that whichever team he\'s traded to would not be allowed to compensate the Skins with any money to recoup the bonus they paid him. Haynesworth himself would have to do that, which he reportedly is willing to do as long as Shanahan wants to play him at nose tackle. He wants out.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Agreed. Fisher and Haynesworth probably are not sending each other birthday cards. Fisher called him out from the rookie season for coming to camp late and out-of-shape. There's other seasons about camp fights. Then you have the head-stomp and auto "incidents". Next to Pacman, Big Al has been the biggest thorn in Fisher's side since the move to Tennessee. And Al didn't have any problems taking shots at Fisher after the move either.

If the Titans felt that they could get Haynesworth to play motivated football, he'd be in two-tone blue now.

The Redskins have too much tied up in him to let him go for anything less than a first-round pick—probably more. And he'd be worth it if he could give the Titans 80% of what he did in '07 and '08.

I think he did his share to bring on a lot of that himself. The scheme didn't cause Haynesworth to come to camp 30 pounds heavier last season.

I believe it does nothing for team chemistry when the franchise goes out and buys a player who comes in and isn't participating in workouts and showing the dedication it takes to make the team as good as it could be. I bet there are a number of his teammates on defense who will be happy to see Hayneworth go unless he shuts the pie hole and gets back to where he was in '08. Albert needs to learn it isn't about him before he finds himself in Detroit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar