Haynesworth (trade rumors, etc.)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He made a play here and there. I recall a play in September, and then nothing else.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Haynesworth Update

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2010/04/07/more-thoughts-on-haynesworth/

Important Parts:
    "Do I think the Titans are interested? Again, of course — he’s the most dominant defensive tackle in the NFL. And I've been told the team is interested if the Redskins are willing to pretty much give him away at a bargain-basement deal.

As I wrote here on Tuesday, the Redskins just got through paying Haynesworth a $21 million bonus. They’ve paid him $32 million over the first year of the deal.

Yes, his contract is more affordable to take on now. He would actually come cheap — over the next 3 years he's due just $16.2 million.

But I can’t see the Redskins dumping him after one year after paying him that much.

If Haynesworth could be had for a 3rd round pick, the Titans would be foolish not to listen. Because the Titans are already getting a 3rdround compensatory pick for losing him last offseason, they’d pretty much be swapping the 3rd round picks. The Titans certainly aren't giving up a 1st rounder, though, and the team doesn't have a 2nd round pick."
    - Jim Wyatt

---------------------------------------------------

Trading a 3rd for Big Al would be amazing - it would MAKE UP for the loss of our 2nd round and them some - plus we still have our compensatory 3rd.

Talk to the skins, be like you guys overpaid him (as usual) and we are not gonna absorb your mistake. Offer them half maybe even more (10-12M or so, which would be less then the signing bonus we would have paid when signing him anyway). and every year for the next three would only cost us 5.3M.

With Big Al, all of a sudden we actually don't have a NEED for a DE (Jones and Ford can easily start on a line with Tony and Big Al) - but a nice luxury.

with Big Al i'd be a LOT more confident with pulling the trigger on JPP. Beside Big Al AND TONY!! he could be beast ...really anyone for that matter

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

won't happen

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

do we really need another haynesworth thread? the other 100 have been merged into one.

5. AH3

AH3 Rookie

We said that? Doesn't sound like us at all!

:sarcasm:

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

it's only been a couple days, and im already tired of hearing about Haynesworth.

Im waiting for the Skins to announce this is all rumors and speculations.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Jovan Haye had some pretty good plays in games where we were getting murdered. so pretty much they were garbage plays.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Its hard for me to believe they will let him go for bargain.

But if they'll take a 3rd and a 2011 3rd (conditional up to 2nd), it does sound good. I think 2011 will begin with scabs anyway.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

For Jesse..
    [​IMG]

10. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

I think it's worth mentioning that Fat Al could pay back some of the 21 million in order to be traded. I heard this earlier on NFL network. So the Titans won't necessarily have to pay the Redskins any of the total 32 million.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar