Haynesworth F650????????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitansCountry25, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Just to jump in this stupid thread let me ask this. Do you drive a vehicle that runs on gas or diesel fuel? If so, are you saying just because your vehicle may be smaller you are more concerned about the enviroment.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Tell you what...I think we should cut back commercial airline traffic by 25% and reduce the number of 18 wheelers allowed to cram up the highways.

Pulling a few F650s off the road will have no significant impact on greenhouse gas production.

If you are going to hit it...hit it where it will make some true impact. Who cares if it costs $1500 to fly between here and Chicago.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

See, this is what bothers me. Gloat, you're perfectly capable of arguing a point, but instead, you make repeated jabs at other posters, upsetting them and hurting the discussion rather than adding to it. You're a smart person, with a decent sense of humor sometimes, but on most occasions you'd rather corrupt a thread than make a valid point that could change someone's mind. All it really makes me want to do is ignore you or nitpick when you do make a valid argument. That's not winning an argument, that's hurting the forum. I'm sure you'd reply something degrading about the level of either intelligence or open-mindedness of other posters, but that just proves the point. You'd rather not argue, you'd rather sit back and snipe.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's just easier to poke fun at the problem rather than come up with an in depth rebuttal, because once you do that, it never ends.
    And personally, I think I argue too much. I'm going Gunny with sniping in this thread. haha I need to shorten the replies to 1 liners though.

5. GoTitans3801

Well, if you're ok with being a negative influence on the forum rather than a positive one, I guess I can't argue against that. Convenient, huh? If you recognized it, I'd think you wouldn't try to pretend you're on the high ground though.

6. Deuce Wayne

I don't think I'm dragging the forum down lol. I speak for myself, not the forum. Just as nobody else's comments harm the forum, unless they're actually attacking the forum in some way.

7. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

It takes small steps. Nothing will change over night. Each person has to do their part. It will happen over time. People can get onboard now or later. Big Al has chosen later. Bio jet fuels will be coming down the road. There are people working on them now. My problem with people is why they would purchase a vehicle like that to begin with? He doesn't need it and is obviously a status symbol to him. We should be trying to turn a corner as a culture, but there are many people who refuse to open their eyes. Just make responsible choices. If people didn't buy them then companies would stop making them. It is not all about global warming either. How about breaking dependence on foreign oil? I'm sure many of you would be interested in that. Besides many people refuse to think greenhouse gases are causing global warming. Even if it is the case they don't help. It just makes no sense to keep using fossil fuels when solutions are popping up everyday.

8. Deuce Wayne

Problem is, this guy has no need for a 650, which probably could serve some sort of purpose to someone that hauls heavy loads or does some sort of commercial work.
    However, Albert has it because he thinks it's cool. And sure, it's his money, but just because people CAN do something, doesn't mean it's smart, logical, or right. Reminds me of the story where that rich old man caused a landslide and wiped out a village just because he was playing around with his bulldozers that he owned as toys. The landslide killed kids and families, and somehow he got away with it.
    I know this isn't as extreme, but it's still the same instance of rich guy has pointless toy that's harmful, but it's ok because he can afford it.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's just the first step to being the greatness that is Gunny.

And to be fair I only snipe you, sometimes Puck and sometimes RollTide.

This is the amusing part because you constantly start a point by saying "no one [insert whatever the point is]"

10. GoTitans3801

They harm the forum by reducing the level of quality dialogue, particularly since you're capable of better. They also discourage other posters from trying to make a valid argument, since all they're going to get is mocked. It's a race to the bottom, started by the sniping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar