Hatton Vs Pacquiao

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by jbgtenn, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Floyd is fighting Juan Manuel Marquez (the guy that Pacquiao is scared to rematch, and actually beat Pac in their first fight).

after that, I don't know. Pacquiao fights very stupid very often- eventually it'll bite him again.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yeah that pacquiao is really a stupid fighter allright. Good call deuce as usual.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

That fight was over after the first RD. You could tell Pac was just to quick for Hatton and it was only a matter of time before he was going to catch him with a solid shot. Fastest $50 i ever spent....

4. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

if i would have spent $50 on that fight and it only lasted two rounds..i would be so pissed off it isnt even funny. i can think of much more entertaining ways to blow $50..if you know what i am saying. :brow:

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I didn't put any money on Hatton just because I wasn't sure what he could do in that fight on Saturday, and it was a good thing I didn't. I figured Hatton could hang with Pac due to his brick to mouth looking face. Pac rocked his world! All my friends went with Pac in 5/7 rounds, I took Hatton as the under dog, and boy was I stupid for that. When Hatton made it out of round one I was thinking he was lucky as hell. Then round two and it was over. Good fight if your a Pacquiao fan I suppose, bad if your Hatton's wife. I enjoyed the second half of the PPV all together, $50 well spent. I'm glad to see no one was to badly messed up. Also; why is it that everyone named 'Pac man' is always fighting?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the main reason i will never pay for a fight on pay-per-view. i remember going to a buddy's house to watch the tyson/etienne fight a few years ago. it lasted like 45 seconds.

7. Deuce Wayne

...You're not a boxing fan, are you? Just because he wins doesn't mean he isn't careless. Doesn't mean he's a smart fighter.

Roy Jones Jr fought stupid as well. How'd his career end up? Sure, he was unstoppable for a while. Because he relied on his instincts, speed, and power. But as soon as someone exposed him- he never recovered. He lost his confidence, and lost his style.

Prince Naseem Hamed was the same way. Antonio Margarito- same way.

When you fight people that everyone knows you'll beat it easy to fight stupid and still win. But Manny's careless style where he lowers his hands and throws wide looping punches WILL CERTAINLY catch up to him.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Roy jones was hardly hit for 2/3 of his career. You don't know what you are talking about. He was only "exposed" when he got older and slower and started getting hit. He was knocked out by two lessor fighters. All fighters who fight long enough will get knocked out.

Margarito and hamed are bad examples. Hamed got rocked many times in fights and was down several times. He didn't have the greatest chin to begin with but his power bailed him out. He lost for no other reason than the simple fact he fought a better more well rounded opponent.

Same with margarito. He fought a better opponent.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pacquiao's game plan against DLH and hatton was as close to perfect as possible. He beat two of the most complete fighters of the last decade in Barrera and Morales.

He has improved his defense, his head movement and he uses his legs more now because he fought bigger guys. He has made the adjustments as needed which means he is a smart fighter and is listening to freddie roach.

10. Deuce Wayne

Pacquiao has fixed most his weaknesses, but he's still extremely careless. Now he just has to be smart with which fights he takes. Guys like Mayweather, P. Williams, etc that can meet him at a certain weight would most likely have a field day with the way he opens up to show his entire body and chin.

JM Marquez actually beat him, and Pacquiao knows that- so he's being smart by ducking him and not giving him the rematch. Hoping people forget who JMM is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar