Harold Landry Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Feb 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

download-12.jpg

Harold Landry - LB - Tennessee Titans - 12397 - news and analysis, statistics, game logs, depth charts, contracts, injuries (nbcsportsedge.com)

"Speaking Tuesday, Titans GM Jon Robinson said the Titans will "do everything we can" to keep LB Harold Landry."

This man needs his own thread. He is the anchor of our defense in the middle of Simmons and Byard and GM Jon Robinson obviously knows he is priority #1 in the off-season to be locked up long-term. Leading the Titans in sacks (the only one in double digits with 12) and now with a pro bowl on his resume - let's get this deal done and keep the band-together.

#1 dtm586, Feb 1, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Sign the man!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Franchise Tag!

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

After saying they the Titans would do “everything we can” to resign Landry, JR followed up by saying but we have a lot of things to do… this did not make me feel confident we pay him to stay. 12 sacks will cause someone to overpay him I’m afraid. I wish JR was more proactive in signing key guys before their contracts expire.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

You can sign and re-sign whoever you want. If the same man is calling plays on offense next season, you’re not winning a Super Bowl.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Keeping Harold Landry here needs to happen. The Titans defensive success was 100% based on their four man rush and if we lose Landry we 100% need to go pass rusher in the early rounds.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Carp

Carp Starter

I would love to keep him, but we shouldn't overpay him, imo. Handing out huge contracts to guys that have a breakout year in a walk year typically does not turn out well.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Their is no denying that the defensive front 4 was our best unit on the team. That being said we have already given Dupree a contract that is going to count 19mil a yr and we all know that the Brinks truck is getting ready to pull up for Simmons and for AJ Brown...

The Steelers weren't able to keep Dupree because they knew they had to pay JJ Watt.

I'm paying Simmons over Landry no questions ask.

The draft is deep at Edge rushers this yr....I would be fine with picking up Muhammed from the Colts in FA and drafting an Edge guy and having Weaver in the mix.

If we signed Landry to a Dupree style deal then he would count about 5.5mil against the cap this yr which is certainly doable, but then you have to start going cheap other places like the OL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Carp

Carp Starter

Yeah I agree. Tough to keep Landry after we just signed Dupree and the need to lock up Simmons/Brown. However, we should absolutely franchise tag him. Ideally, we tag him and trade him for a 2nd rounder this year and let someone else pay him 60-70 million. But I wouldn't be opposed to letting him play out 2022 on the franchise tag.

#9 Carp, Feb 3, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't think it was as simple as the Steelers not being able to afford Bud. He had just torn his ACL. They really liked/like Highsmith. And they have a history of plugging in pass rushers and getting good production. And they had a bit of a drop off last year. Even with Watt getting 22.5 sacks, they had less sacks in more games than the year before.

Guess who doesn't have a history of plugging in pass rushers and getting good production.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar