Hall of Fame Game?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VolnTitan, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Saints vs. Steelers? Are you kidding? Are they expecting fans to go up and watch their players be inducted and then hang around for a game that holds zero meaning to them?

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I know Titans fans were hoping for the game this year, but the Cowboys would have been a natural pick. The league dropped the ball for sure.

3. That's exactly what they expect...

Steelers fans will turn out because it's close. Maybe not Saints fans, but realistically there's no other way to get fans to travel to a preseason game...

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Steelers I can understand, but it seems that traditionally one of the teams playing has a player being inducted. Saints?

As far as the Steelers fans go, yes some will show up, but not in droves. Pitt isn't that close to Canton, especially when there aren't any Steelers being inducted.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No one would be showing up in droves. It's a preseason game, no one gets that excited about it. If it were someone HUGE getting inducted, and was close to the team, it would be significant, but it would never be packed.

6. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Steelers fans are nuts, and it's a big market/nationally popular team. They travel well, regardless of record.

The Saints are the new "America's Team", or at least that's how the NFL is packaging them. They couldn't BE more happy that NO made the playoffs last year. The NFL could look great, like it was helping the city rebuild after Katrina...without doing anything. :gag:

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

We had planned to go if the Titans played.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I've heard accounts of them (Steelers fans) outnumbering an Oilers crowd in Memphis.

9. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

My wife is from Canton, there is a large number of Steeler fans actually in the city, they won't have far to drive. Even then, Pitt is fairly close to Canton, I've made it in less than two hours. I suspect it will be a sold out game as usual. By the way, if you guys have never been to a hall of fame induction, it's worth the trip at some point. Canton is not a great place, but they go all out for the inducation ceremony. The entire week is nuts.

10. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

I live about an hour from Canton and 45 minutes from Pittsburgh. Everyone around here loves the Steelers:wall:. Canton will be packed full of Steelers fans (gag me).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar