Grade The Titans coaching hires

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 30, 2018.

?
  1. A

2. B

3. C

4. D

5. E

6. F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yes. Unless we literally brought in people with no football background (like I believe Cleveland did with their GM at one point..) then I will reserve judgement until they have shown me what they can do. Same goes for draft picks and free agents. Even politicians....

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

What? Did Saban say Vrabel was a rah rah guy & fired from OSU? I'm confused

3. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

upload_2018-1-31_21-59-55.png

You're Welcome!

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Yea. I cant remember what thread, but someone posted a Saban quote about what he found when he took over at OSU, and insuated that Vrabel was Rah rah and no technique coaching.

It seemed like a long bow to draw, but the vid of Coombs reminded me of the comment.

5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I hear you, and if he'd come from anywhere but perennial defensive juggernaut Baltimore I'd be panning the move, but this staff needs some experience and winning two Superbowls with two different teams are some pretty impressive credentials.

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Why would Saban comment on OSU coaching staff? Did you mean Urban Meyer?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Tricky

Tricky Starter

When was saban at Ohio st?

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

There is a false rumor that Vrabel and Meyer had an altercation while at OSU. Meyer’s wife came out and flatly denied there was anything but a very close bond between Meyer and Vrabel. She said that Mike left for the Texans as strictly a career building move. Not defending him or condemning him, but those are the limited facts regarding Meyer and Vrabel. I would tend to believe there was no physical altercation and this was just crap though given how hard it is to keep something like that hushed up.

9. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Apologies, meant Meyer...

10. Buckeye Titan

Buckeye Titan Starter

Actually, Saban coached DB's at Ohio State for two seasons.... 1980-1981.

• Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar