Grade The Titans coaching hires

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 30, 2018.

?
  1. A

2. B

3. C

4. D

5. E

6. F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Buddy hire? Jrob was a scout and Vrabel was a player. Doubt they were “buddies”.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Adrenalize74

Adrenalize74 Starter

This is just a foolish point of view. Nobody in a position like JRob would hire a HC for the sole reason they are his friend. Unless they don't want to be employed very long.

Vrabel and JRob may indeed be friends, but he was hired because he was viewed as the best candidate. Time will tell of course if he is any good.

3. STEVE McFLARE

STEVE McFLARE Starter

I would give them an A++ if possible

4. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

Vrabel - B+

Comes from a fantastic lineage of coaches, only thing holding him back from an A is experience. Everyone in the "know" seems to rave about him. His energy reminds me of a fun Bill Cowher or Pete Carrol.

Pees - B

Felt it was Vrabel's plan B or C, would have rather had Betcher, the AZ DC (sp?). Proven track record, fun defenses, don't like his prevent at end of games. Will bring continuity to the defense that was already on the come up. I'd expect someone to be groomed to take over in 3 years or less.

LaFleur - B+

The young offensive mind we all clamored for, and comes from a great lineage as well with Shanny and McVay. Lack of play calling experience concerns me, but happy to give him a shot... personally I liked him more than Coach Flip. Coach Flip was a QB coach on a team that their OC didn't even call plays, and one Youtube video is not going to make me fall in love.

Assistants - B

I don't know too much about them, but Coombs seems solid.

5. Adrenalize74

Adrenalize74 Starter

I gave it a B, simply for the unknown aspect. I think Vrabel and Pees will be great, but LaFeur is the real unknown. I have hopes and some confidence that he will be a very good coordinator and do wonders with Mariota, but there is really no way to know until next year.

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

All will be good.
    J Rob = God

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar