Grade the 2019 NFL Draft for the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2019.

?
  1. A+

10.9%
  2. A

32.7%
  3. A-

19.1%
  4. B+

26.4%
  5. B

6.4%
  6. B-

0.9%
  7. C+

0.9%
  8. C

1.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I mean outside of #1 WR, probably.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

He will probably play in 2019

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I hope so... hopefully means Titans are playing PO football late in season

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. The Hammer

Should be back to limited play by November

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Simmons - good pick, but the injury is a bit of a bummer and I think we are overselling his draft value. I would have been happy with Sweat.

AJ Brown - love, love, love this pick. Had a feeling we might take him in the 1st.

Nate Davis - he's a lineman. At Charlotte. Seems like a fine pick, but I'm not going to act like I know about a lineman from Charlotte.

Hooker - good pic. There is a lot of 3 safety in the league and he is a good one. I was kind of scared we'd take him day 2 and saw him mocked as our 2nd. Absolutely thrilled to get him in the 4th.

Walker - I watched a lot of Georgia and he never really stood out. Not sure if he can bring anything that Correa, Finch, and Aaron Wallace can't. But lots here wanted him. Seems like a very good pick for the 5th.

Long - stood out when I watched West Virginia, but not sure how impactful he really was. They gave up like 70 points and 1000 yards every game I watched. Still a very good pick for the 6th and ILB depth is a need.

I say B+. I'd go A, but I fear we missed on immediately improving our pass rush.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

The draft is about long term solutions not trying to acquire guys who will only help for 2019. If Nick Bosa tore his ACL last year and we picked him at 19 would you be upset?

Please go ahead and provide the hit rate % on impact pass rusher found in the 3rd round. I mean go look at the top sack leaders from last year. There might be 1 or 2 guys who were drafted in the 3rd round. You see tons of first round picks on that list though.

I can respect if someone doesn’t like the draft class but you need to at least have valid reasons. And it seems like you’re reasoning is “we didn’t go pass rusher in the 3rd round instead of guard” and “our first round pick is hurt and won’t do much this year.” Funny thing is, I bet you would have rated this class higher is we took a QB first round even though he wouldn’t play in 2019....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Haha call him out!!!

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yeah it was but guess what... he got hurt last year. Now we have a thing called depth.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Maaaaaaaan I was screaming from the top of my lungs to not draft an edge in or after rd 3 in shoutbox. Lol dead serious I was using that same argument.

My post was playing off how many people I pissed off in SB.

I still give the draft a C considering the time frame before we get a ROI on that first pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar