Grade the 2019 NFL Draft for the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2019.

?
  1. A+

10.9%
  2. A

32.7%
  3. A-

19.1%
  4. B+

26.4%
  5. B

6.4%
  6. B-

0.9%
  7. C+

0.9%
  8. C

1.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I mean the value at draft position is unbelievable. Someone find us a metric on that. 3-4 potential starters in one draft has to be an A.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Carp

Carp Starter

A

Simmons is a top 5 overall talent and Brown had a 1st round grade by most of the draft experts I viewed.

Davis pick gets a lot of praise, though I don't know much about him.

I love the Hooker and Walker picks. Both guys with a lot or athletic ability. Hooker played a very high level the last 2 years.

I know nothing about Long but he has a lot of experience and good production in college, so hopefully he can be a solid rotational player in time.

3. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

PFF:

TITANS
    Round 1 (19): DI Jeffery Simmons, Mississippi State

Round 2 (51): WR AJ Brown, Ole Miss

Round 3 (82): G Nate Davis, Charlotte

Round 4 (116): S Amani Hooker, Iowa

Round 5 (168): Edge D’Andre Walker, Georgia

Round 6 (188): LB David Long Jr., West Virginia

Day 1:

The Titans very quietly snagged one of the best players in the 2019 NFL Draft at No. 19 by selecting former Mississippi State defensive interior Jeffery Simmons. Off-field issues and an offseason injury likely pushed him out of the top 10, but Simmons’ play between the whistles is premier. He had a run-defense and pass-rushing grade over 90.0 this past season, and the big man finished as PFF’s No. 8 overall player in the class.

“On the field, he’s an extremely powerful man. He walks back guards, walks back centers. He has probably the best bull rush of any of these interior guys in this class… If you could build a defensive tackle in terms of size, weight, length, it would look like Jeffery Simmons.” – Pro Football Focus’ Lead Draft Analyst

Day 2:

Tennessee picked up another steal at pick No. 51 in former Ole Miss wide receiver AJ Brown. While he primarily worked from the slot in his collegiate career, Brown did have some success playing outside down the stretch of last season in wake of DK Metcalf’s injury and very well could play a hybrid slot/outside role in the NFL. He’s a monster after the catch, as well, with great speed and elusiveness.

31 picks later, the Titans continued to find value, selecting PFF’s No. 74 overall player in the class at pick No. 82, Charlotte guard Nate Davis. He allowed all of four pressures on 234 pass-blocking snaps this past season between tackle and guard. He’ll end up at the latter in the pros.

Day 3:

Tennessee finished what was already a great draft with two more outstanding picks on Day 3.

Iowa safety/cornerback Amani Hooker, PFF’s No. 44 overall player in the class, is a steal having come off the board at the top of the fourth round. His 91.1 coverage grade last season was the second-highest of any defensive back in the country.

West Virginia off-ball linebacker David Long Jr. is another value pick for Tennessee in the sixth round. He earned an 83.5 pass-rush grade across his 129 pass-rush snaps in 2018, ranking 10th among off-ball linebackers with 50 or more pass-rush snaps.

DRAFT GRADE: EXCELLENT

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I just realized we didn't draft any white guys....

This has to be a first, right?

Oh no, the white folks about to file all kinds of lawsuits :) JK

• LOL LOL x 1
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Damn. Left off one of our best steals and still gave excellent.

6. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Haha I noticed this. And I am white

7. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

Amy + J Rob= Future Super Bowl ring

8. STEVE McFLARE

STEVE McFLARE Starter

A+++
    Titans scored big this year with the best draft in NFL history. We will run a dynasty for years to come!!!

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

This has to be an A draft, especially if we sign Suh and erase all the downside of taking Simmons

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

D'andre Walker was pffs 139th ranked player and 22nd ranked Edge. Basically they loved ALL of our picks except this one. Though in the 5th it was still good value. I think he's gonna be dooooope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar