Goodbye Vrabel Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanthakur, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhoopsTitans

WhoopsTitans Camp Fodder

They weren't qualified in the first place to even be on the sideline let alone bench Mariota. Tannehill had a quarter and a half against the Broncos and gave us the same result, 0 points. Mariota can do what Tannehill has done, after all he was to be our franchise QB.

No, what I'm saying is Vrabel is an outstanding defensive coach with tons of experience and that the Titans should hold on to him in that capacity. However, he's been assigned a position that is totally unfair to himself, the players and the fans. It's like taking a guy off the street and making him head coach. He has no offensive experience and is unfairly being asked to do something he's not capable or qualified to do. Quite frankly, it's over his head. And here we are riding along with him trying to understand why the quality of our offense is so awful compared to a few years ago when Mariota built leads, sustained drives and won important games. If Tannehill is better then why aren't we doing this?

My previous post points out why in detail.

Everybody wants Vrabel to succeed but he's just not at the level he needs to be to win important games. He doesn't know how and it hurts all of us. It has to do with his knowledge of the game on the offensive side of the ball. As for Mariota, this coaching change has certainly been unfair to his aspirations in Nashville because he relies on a particular style offense that Vrabel was too incompetent in giving him. It's not his fault for not getting it done. He shouldn't have been hired as a head coach period. Tannehill is carrying both Vrabel and Smith on his shoulders and has done a fabulous job keeping us in the games solely on his leadership abilities.

I think it's safe to say that anybody that's been following the Titans will tell ya that they have no confidence in this offense.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Well, Bill Belichick was a WR Coach back in '77 with the Lions. Otherwise he's been involved with Defenses or Special Teams.

Bill Belichick is a Defensive Head Coach .

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

@Rwill can you just break down all of his posts? No one comes here to read books

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Laz

Laz Starter

You lost me at "They..."

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. WhoopsTitans

WhoopsTitans Camp Fodder

Well I see your point and is a very good one but Belichick also has a brilliant offensive mind. I don't think Vrabel is in the same league.

6. WhoopsTitans

WhoopsTitans Camp Fodder

Well we try.....

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Not in Cleveland.

8. JT2000

JT2000 Starter

Your stated opinion doesn't match the facts starting with the Denver game. While there were no points scored, partially because the Defense could play pass first, Tannehill's statistics were better than Mariota's.Titans vs. Broncos - Box Score - October 13, 2019 - ESPN
    [QUOTE="WhoopsTitans, post: 1905697, member: Well I see your point and is a very good one but Belichick also has a brilliant offensive mind. I don't think Vrabel is in the same league.[/QUOTE]
    Neither was Belichick in the beginning as a head coach in Cleveland. not saying that Vrabel is Belichick But the argument about being unqualified by experience isn't ironclad.

Reading your other post I still get the impression that your biggest problem is benching Mariota. The logic in your argument has a problem, though. First you say Marota can do what Tannehill is doing (but he clearly wasn't) and then you give credit to Tannehill's leadership for the improvement.

Also you say Mariota won "important" games. Every game that Tannehill has started has been important after the 2-4 start or we wouldn't even be in position for you to complain about last week's loss to the Texans.

I hope you feel better after sharing your opinion but I truly doubt if you speak for many when you say "no one" has confidence in the offense.

#238 JT2000, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Welcome back senor loseriota

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

You are the first person I have ever ignored on a forum ever. Congratulations, that is a achievement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar