Goodbye Arthur Smith Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan4Ever, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

As far as I am concerned the very next time Lewis walks out onto the field, Amy needs to call down and tell Art to drop his headphones, clipboard, and playbook and get the hell off the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

pretty rare to hire a coordinator from outside the building in the middle of a season. it would be an internal promotion

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Let Vrabel call plays.

Can you imagine?

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Good point, and who would it actually be if they did? Nobody comes to mind.

5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

gruden just got fired from washington

6. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Oh Sorry I should’ve specialities I meant at the end of the season. I’m pretty sure we’re stuck with Smith for the rest of the year.

7. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

There's no way a new OC and new offensive scheme gets inputting in the middle of the season. I say let Macus call the plays, he did a good job during our run to the wildcard game.

8. TitansStro

TitansStro Special Teams Standout

The obvious play here is to fire Art and let O’Hara finish the season as OC. The Mean Machines looked pretty sharp offensively under O’Hara and their only real weapon was an over the hill Michael Irvin. Maybe we can even bring in Adam Sandler since he’s familiar with the Offense, and he can play both sides of the ball. That extra pass rush would be a huge plus to help out our secondary with Butler missing time.

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'm not a huge Arthur Smith fan, but I can't blame him for all of the offensive woes. The number of times we are starting behind the chains because of self inflicted penalties is ridiculous...Our first 5 3rd downs were 3rd and 14, 19, 8, 19, and 15...it is pretty hard to look good calling plays when you are stuck in 3rd and long against a team that can get after the QB.

1st drive ---miss FG
    2nd drive---- 1st and 25 from our own 11 move the ball out to 33 then shank punt
    3rd drive--- 3 plays for 30yds then Lewis fumble
    4th drive--- start at own 17 then INT on 2nd down should have been a catch
    5th drive--- pass incomplete, tanny scramble for 2, pass incomplete
    6th drive--- miss FG

So how much blame does Smith take for missing 2 FGs, fumbling, throwing an INT and starting off 1st and 25 at the 11.

If I was Smith I would be pissed as hell at the players for screwing things up and making him look bad.

10. TitansStro

TitansStro Special Teams Standout

The job of the OC isn’t just calling the plays. He’s responsible for creating and installing the game plans and this scheme. He has done a terrible job of putting our teams best playmakers in a position to make plays. He has consistently shown a lack of awareness when it comes to exploiting our opponents weaknesses or even attempting to get favorable matchups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar