Good luck to Javon Ringer and The Titans!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SpartanFan, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I love the Ringer pick I think he will be alot like Jones Drew, but only better!!!
    And hes a Titan so that makes him better IMO

2. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

3. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

If he is even half the back that maurice jones drew is, then I will be very happy. They both seem to be of the same mold in that they have power and agility in a small frame.

4. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Most of the draft analyses I've read say that Ringer needs to add some weight to be a more effective NFL back. he's 5'9" 202 pounds. That's pretty light isn't it. Mojo Drew is 2 inches shorter than Ringer and he's listed at 208. Frank Gore is also pretty comparable in body type I think, and he's listed 5'9" , 217. I'd say if he could get to 215-ish without losing much speed or explosiveness it'd be in his favor.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

draft analyzes also said CJ was light weight and wouldnt be able to do in the NFl what he did in college.

F the analyzes! Ringer is going to be a dynamic player.

6. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Oh yeah, he's a definate threat out of the backfield. he's not supposed to be, nor is he, a CJ copy, so you can't really compare the two.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Ringer reminds me of Emmitt Smith in his running style and Walter Payton for strength and workout ethic. About the same size as those guys. The only real question for any NFL back is if he can stay healthy. IMO he has the ability to be well worth a 5th round pick.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There folks is a shining example of what smoking weed will do to your football acumen.

Walter payton and emmitt smith? Are you out of your mind?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He never said Ringer was as good as those two. He said he has the same running style as Smith and the same Strength and workout ethic as Payton.

He never said he was as good as them.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

'Somebody' reminding 'someone' of 'somebody' does not= 'someone' being exactly like or as good as 'somebody'

Reggie Bush reminds me a bit of Barry Sanders with his shiftiness. But that doesn't mean in anyway shape, size or form that I think Bush is anywhere near as good as Sanders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar