God Jay Cutler sucks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

So much for freedom of speech. :rolleyes:
    Rules like this wouldn't even be in place if people would just grow the f$## up, let things roll off their shoulders, get some thicker skin and stop getting so butt-hurt so easily.
    No wonder McCain said Americans are becoming cry babies.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's also Verbal abuse :rolleyes:

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Anybody else glad we don't have Jay Cutler right now? I know am.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. iQon

iQon Starter

Some people just can't be humbled. Bottom line is, Cutler has the better stats, yet Vince Young seems to have the best team results. Yet people are so embittered they continue to be wrong on a 4 year streak as to why we should have drafted Jay Cutler... with the #3 overall pick.

Just pull the plug while you're already losing. The guy has the tools to be decent and doesn't make anything of it. How you can sit here and defend yourself over your Cutler projections in 2006, when Vince has never put stats like this up, much less consistently --- amazes me. Go be a Bears fan if you love him so much, I'll side with who we have on our roster.

5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I was comparing a year when Vy had 17 INTs and the stats to get to those are about the same, so if Cutler sucks so bad with those same stats what does that say about the "do no wrong" VY when he had those same stats? If you want to compare Cutlers second year to VYs second year there's no comparison, Cutler blows him away by far and will probably blow VY away by the time this year is over too. While Cutlers struggling this year without a couple really good receivers that could go up and come down with the ball more times than not I still think he is and will be a better QB than Vince which isn't saying much.

It's funny when the VY lovers down talk another QB and then you show them in black and white how a QB they admit stinks is the same or even better they still can't admit that he stinks too! He's a sub par QB at best.

6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I'm not saying I'm a Cutler fan but I think he's better than VY by a long shot and has much more potential over the long term. Last year the Broncos had a #2 offense but their defense was horrible. Kind of hard to win games when you're putting up 45 points and still losing. Can't put all of that on the QB. I bet if Cutler was in Denver this year with an offense that was built around him and for him then Denver would be having the same success this year, probably more. I think they could have beat the Ravens and Steelers which is where "pea shooter" Orton was exposed.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Playoffs.

The comparison made is not VY is better, it's that Jay Cutler is not better. And he has proven it year in year out.

Cutler was meant to improve the Bears offense, they average 3 points less this year then last.

8. pettso

pettso Starter

Its hilarious how much everyone skews stats to prove their own point.

Cutler threw for over 300 yards last night and he has a better passer rating than VY had during his worst season! Too bad his team scored 6 points with him getting over 50 pass attempts on top of 2 redzone picks (one coming at the 1).

Also the haters keep bringing up the 9TD/17INT numbers. Yes, that was a bad year for VY, that's why most Titans fans were upset with his performance and he even got boo'd. Congrats, Cutler is as good now as VY was when he was getting boo'd by the home crowd.

What all the VY "homers" are saying is that he's matured and he's improved. If our offense stops moving the ball and he starts throwing excessive picks, your arguments using his stats from 2 years ago would be valid. Until then, you have nothing. He's played very well this year in the opportunities he's got. The offense has moved the ball and scored points and most importantly we're 2-0 with him under center, what more do you want?

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If you throw 50 times you better be able to get 300 passing yards... you also better score double digit points.

10. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

im starting to question your fanhood nate, your team is winning you should be happy. And i also would like to add you're comparing vince youngs second year to cutlers 4th year. I personally dont care for stats as long as we keep winning. I'd rather win big games like the superbowl and have crappy stats than to have great stats with a losing performance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar